RV Year
RV Make
Phoenix Cruiser
RV Model
2351D
RV Length
Fulltimer
No
My new RV890 will only work with the default Zoe voice for directions. I have other voices loaded, but they remain silent during operation, only Zoe speaks. Spent hours on the phone with techs. Uploaded this & that. Did factory resets. Re-down loaded new updates, etc. Most everything the tech could think of. Finally sent me a new replacement. Same thing. He then told me that there have been other complaints about the same problem. They can't seem to recreate the problem, but are working on a "fix". They told me to watch my emails as the "fix" should be on it's way. It's been over 2 months and not a word.
On our first trip with it we grew tired of the voice and wanted another, I mean, we paid good money for this & it should work as advertised. It doesn't.
Other than the voice issue, it has been a great little device.
Just wondering if any other owners have tried different voices and what your results have been. Did I just get two lemons? Or is this common.

Make sure the device is updated by connecting it to WiFi and downloading any available updates. Make sure the volume is full up which can be done either via the settings or the buttons on the back (if I remember correctly as I am not at my RV).

Thanks Neal, been through all that twice with the garmin tech, once with the original device then again with the replacement unit. Still no sounds with any voice except the default Zoe. I was wondering is anyone else tried to change voices with any success or did I just get two lemons.

Just wondering if any other owners have tried different voices and what your results have been. Did I just get two lemons? Or is this common.
I tried changing the voice too, but I could never do it. ?

I guess we are not voice sensitive; we never tried to change it. And, probably won’t. For us, a voice is a voice. We just reduce the sound level a bit and move on.

TJ

I guess we are not voice sensitive; we never tried to change it. And, probably won’t. For us, a voice is a voice. We just reduce the sound level a bit and move on.

TJ
TJ, in one of your 4000 posts you said you had modified a dash mount for your Garmin 890. Can you explain what you did?

TJ, in one of your 4000 posts you said you had modified a dash mount for your Garmin 890. Can you explain what you did?
Take a look here.

Thought I had a photo, but don’t find it. I’ll try to get one tomorrow.

TJ

Take a look here.

Thought I had a photo, but don’t find it. I’ll try to get one tomorrow.

TJ
Thanks!

Latest resources

Back