• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Blain

RVF Regular
Hello,

Interested in some input on a portable generator that will produce 30amp 120 volt

Have owned Hondas in the past but recently camped next to a guy running a Predator (Harbor Freight)...I was surprised it was so quiet. Big price difference.

I looked at a lot of them and ended up with a 4500W/3700run Westinghouse from Walmart. It has a remote start feature and is quiet. However, it will not start my AC unit consistently so I am adding a soft start device. It is to much for me to pick up and put on my truck but I would not go smaller unless you get units that can be paralleled. Depends what you want to run and how much at the same time. Lots of opinions in forums.

I started out with two Generac 7043 generators Got it here. They worked well, I bolted them to the tailgate of out travel trailer and covered them with covers. After 2 years the plastic frame of the generators broke into pieces as the UV sunlight broke down the plastic. The generators still worked good.

I looked at a lot of them and ended up with a 4500W/3700run Westinghouse from Walmart. It has a remote start feature and is quiet. However, it will not start my AC unit consistently so I am adding a soft start device. It is to much for me to pick up and put on my truck but I would not go smaller unless you get units that can be paralleled. Depends what you want to run and how much at the same time. Lots of opinions in forums.
My Honda 3000 easily starts my ac

Your AC might require less to start, might be smaller unit, or could have a soft start processor already in it, and might be newer then mine. Glad yours works, 3000 is your running watts most likely, not your surge watts.

Hello,

Interested in some input on a portable generator that will produce 30amp 120 volt
Yamaha EF3000ISEB with remote. Quiet, reliable. I've had one for years.

Latest resources

Back