skychs

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 3636
RV Length
Like most DP's our generator is located in the front of the coach. The exhaust is on the drivers side, opposite the door. Occasionally we smell the exhaust inside the coach, especially when the winds are calm. Has anyone tried the exhaust venting system that carries the exhaust to the top of the coach? If so do they really work? Im just curious.

At the balloon fiesta I saw people using what looked like dryer vents to take it forward. I've also seen the ones mounted to the side of the coach to take it up above like a chimney. I was at a rally and attended an Onan seminar and they said they void the warranties. Yours may not be in warranty any longer so it may be moot, just something to be aware of as it may have side effects of which I've never heard of. I put a chrome extension on mine for some bling to match my summit stainless trim and that does direct it down and aft slightly. I've never noticed it or had a problem personally even before the bling added.

For the life of me, I do not understand why these exhaust pipes are not run to the rear of the RV. Not only do I have the generator exhaust right under to the drivers window, but Newmar put the oasis exhaust right under the bunk windows.

I asked Newmar if they would run the exhaust to rear of the RV while I was there for service and the answer was nope. So I’m thinking about having a muffler shop do it but didn’t consider that it might void my warranty on the oasis and generator. I’ll have to contact Cummins and Oasis to verify.

nothing wrong with a gen-turi, I just don’t want another thing to carry and setup/tear down.

I "think" in design theory these pipes like wiring have limits on length due to back pressure. Longer pipe may cause an increase of internal pressure causing side effects or even explosion? It seems simple to run it 100ft to your favorite neighbor but the effects of such require some engineering thought. IMHO

I have used the Genturi system as long as we’ve had the coach. If you camp in federal or state parks, or anywhere there are tent campers nearby, it can be a lifesaver. Literally.

I was at a state fair campground on a cool morning a couple of years ago and there was a coach nearby that had a gas generator with a Genturi. You could see the exhaust exiting the pipe above the coach. It was pretty impressive. The exhaust goes straight up about 15-20 ft above the coach before dissipating.

Maybe Newmar could run them vertically like the roof drains.

Maybe Newmar could run them vertically like the roof drains.

For those that have run these extended times there is a lot of black soot that comes out of these. It's untreated (no DEF) diesel exhaust.

A genturi is not an exhaust pipe. It only gets warm to the touch rather than hot. It does not build up any back pressure. @Neal your tip you added would make as much added back pressure. The fumes go up as any flue would do. They are called genturi for a reason. The exhaust pipe works like a jet and the venturi introduces outside air into the riser pipe the exhaust pipe is not reduced at all. I would sue Onan if they refused to cover warranty if I had one installed because they could not prove any ill effect caused by it. unless they can prove it was the cause of the problem it would be against the law to not honor the warranty.

I have a Genturi installed on my coach right now as it sits beside my house. I do this because where my genny exhaust is located, when I run the genny monthly, the exhaust fills up my lanai. So now it is up above coach - they work great.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back