• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Stealthy

RVF Regular
Hey all,

So I'm going to purchase a Ram promaster and build it out. After I get it, my 1st step is going to be to install or have installed the following:

Truma combi heater
gasoline generator
battery bank
inverter

I am an electrician and have worked on battery/inverter installs but have no experience at all with gas and don't think I'm interested in that unless people encourage me that it is not that difficult.
I assume that I could mount the Truma in my desired location, mount the batteries and then hire someone to mount the generator underneath and have that person bring gasoline to both the Truma and the generator.
Has anyone gone through this process? Where do you find someone qualified?

This sounds like a great project. Maybe since you are in the trades you know a plumber? That would take care of the lpg aspect for the truma. Probably the same with gasoline to the genny. Get a coule friends involved. But as to your question, its really nothing complicated and if you can handle electrical, a little self-training and you can probably do it all. It would be nice to see your progress charted here with pics and your experiences.

This sounds like a great project. Maybe since you are in the trades you know a plumber? That would take care of the lpg aspect for the truma. Probably the same with gasoline to the genny. Get a coule friends involved. But as to your question, its really nothing complicated and if you can handle electrical, a little self-training and you can probably do it all. It would be nice to see your progress charted here with pics and your experiences.
Thanks Rich, it is exciting! I actually did a little plumbing too, but my initial concern is where and how do you mount the generator and propane tank? I assumed I would need an auto mechanic/welder... to mount, and seems like you would need to know a good amount about that connections that hold up under a lot of road bounce (flair joints probably??)

Id go to a couple dealerships and see how and where these things are mounted.

Here is a video of someone installing a propane tank on a pro master.

Just found out that Truma does not sell to the general public. Only RV manufacturers have access to it.
This is a whole lot of baloney.

Latest resources

Back