Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DEBFENN

RVF Newbee
Hello all, I am trying to find out if you can run your generator while plugged into power at campground. I travel with my Poms and need back up if the power were to go out when we aren't there.

Yes, absolutely. Just set your AGS (automatic generator start) to sense either loss of park power or a certain interior temperature and start the generator when either criteria is met. The transfer switch will change over from park power when it senses generator power.

And, good on ya for being concerned about your furry kids. We travel with a pair of Miniature Schnauzers and have similar concerns.

TJ

Hello all, I am trying to find out if you can run your generator while plugged into power at campground. I travel with my Poms and need back up if the power were to go out when we aren't there.

Welcome to RVForums. What type of RV do you have? Inverter? AGS? What type of GEN?

Welcome to RVForums. What type of RV do you have? Inverter? AGS? What type of GEN?
Good points, @Neal. I assumed everyone with a generator had AGS, but that may not be the case. I should have asked for the details you did.

TJ

Latest resources

Back