Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

625hibiscus

RVF Regular
If the park where you are staying does not accept mail for campers, and the post office only allows 30 days of general delivery, how/where can you get forwarded mail while snowbirding for a few months?

We have experimented with having USPS hold our mail and we have had it forwarded while away (prior to going full time). There were issues both times with USPS messing things up somehow.

The surest way to handle it is to have a trusted neighbor or family member collect it from you home every couple of days and then every month package it up and send it to you FedX or UPS. Certainly the park you are in will allow you to get small packages.

We have experimented with having USPS hold our mail and we have had it forwarded while away (prior to going full time). There were issues both times with USPS messing things up somehow.

The surest way to handle it is to have a trusted neighbor or family member collect it from you home every couple of days and then every month package it up and send it to you FedX or UPS. Certainly the park you are in will allow you to get small packages.
That is kind of what I was thinking. I stopped at the local UPS store yesterday to see if they had the "if it fits it ships" concept that USPS uses, but sadly no. I'd thought to get a supply of mailer envelopes to give to the neighbor. Though FedEx delivers out here, I don't know where the closest drop off place might be. This is a small town...and lucky to have a small UPS store. Thanks for the response.

What we do is have our daughter collect our mail then send it via USPS in a "if it fits it ships" box about once a month. Sometimes the local post office will only accept General Delivery for thirty days, sometimes no time limit. Also, some require you to sign up and some don't. You need to go to the local post office and check their requirements.

If you can get your mail picked up by a neighbor you can have them ship it via UPS or Fed-ex to the local facility using "Hold for customer pick up". If the question is where do I have it sent where you visit.

Latest resources

Back