Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
When most are winterizing their rv’s, I’m getting ready for a trip. Low temps just hit 19 deg, but have the MH plugged in to 110 with an oil filled space heater. The on board propane heater is also set if the space heater can’t handle it. The PAC is turned on and all the cabinets are open under sinks to expose as much water lines to the heat as much as possible. Checked inside this morning and seems the temp is fine.

Good thing the trip is to go to central Fl for Thanksgiving. Bad thing is I’m dropping my mom off in Cartersville Ga then having to drive through Atlanta on I75. I’ve always avoided Atlanta, but not this time I guess.

I don’t winterize either since I use my coach year-round. I leave it plugged in at home with the t-stat low (40’s) and I don’t have any issues. But I also rarely see temps that low here. Even so I’m also headed south after Thanksgiving to warmer places.

Driving through cities in rarely fun but I just take it slow and endure and its over soon enough. I also try to time my city traverses around predictable traffic flow and construction and it’s usually tolerable, more or less.

I don't winterize either as I know my coach is fine as long as it has power. But regardless I have multiple temp monitors including one in the wet bay so I'm aware of anything going south (in temps) to handle it if needed. I have one of these in the wet bay, and another one in the house:

I don't winterize either as I know my coach is fine as long as it has power. But regardless I have multiple temp monitors including one in the wet bay so I'm aware of anything going south (in temps) to handle it if needed. I have one of these in the wet bay, and another one in the house:

added to my Amazon list…:confused:

I just winterized. In NY we're already getting frost. Did it last weekend and it was my first time, went the shop way. I'm glad I did as with the ice maker, dishwasher and water dryer it wasn't worth the stress of possibly not doing it right. To top it I store at my brother in law over an hour away and not being able to check on the RV easily makes things more complicated.

Realistically with the 1yo and 4 yo if we travel we don't go far fast so we'd do a few hours before needing to find a campground and everything is already closed here for the winter so it would be boondocking. It's sad to be stuck because of seasons. March-April isn't coming fast enough.

When most are winterizing their rv’s, I’m getting ready for a trip. Low temps just hit 19 deg, but have the MH plugged in to 110 with an oil filled space heater. The on board propane heater is also set if the space heater can’t handle it. The PAC is turned on and all the cabinets are open under sinks to expose as much water lines to the heat as much as possible. Checked inside this morning and seems the temp is fine.

Good thing the trip is to go to central Fl for Thanksgiving. Bad thing is I’m dropping my mom off in Cartersville Ga then having to drive through Atlanta on I75. I’ve always avoided Atlanta, but not this time I guess.
To avoid Atlanta find 27 and take that to 20 , get on 20 near Bremen. Then 20 East to 75 south, you will not go straight thru Atlanta. Or follow 27 further south. I just drove from Crdar Bluff Alabama to Tifton and he
Hwy27 took me most of the way. Just a suggestion

Latest resources

Back