Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
With the weather turning nice and things opening up I’m sure everyone is looking at doing some safe traveling. people are checking their rigs, changing oil, loading supplies etc. A couple things to check are your tires and suspension. Check the grease in your wheel bearings, check the springs and mounts for cracks, take your dual axle trailer down and check alignment (yes it can be done), balance the tires, but above all check your tires. Most RV’s, trailers will need to be replaced not because of wear, but because of age. If not covered from the sun and off the ground durning storage the rubber will begin to breakdown and become more susceptible to failure. Some manufactures recommend 6 years, some longer, but keep them cleaned and proper air pressure.

Below is what happened to me when I blew not 1 but 2 tires in one trip. One blew on the left side and one on the right Going down the interstate. Damage like this is common when blowing a tire. In my case by the time I was able to stop the steal belts ripped a hole in the floor of the camper. The metal lower skirts would have cost me $700 until I realized I was buying a 12 ft section boxed and shipped by truck. I convinced the to cut in 2 6ft pieces and box it instead and ship UPS. Saved me $550.

Attachments

• 23C17BB8-AA09-43C1-A1E9-FBF10141F167.jpeg
    23C17BB8-AA09-43C1-A1E9-FBF10141F167.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 17
For those that have wheels and other towable’s don’t forget the tow vehicle (truck). Brother-in-law Lost front left tire on 1 ton truck towing 38’ Montana, by the time it was all over fiver was total loss, right side of truck bed damaged and SUV in right lane damaged from Fiver hitting it. Luckily no injuries.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back