RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
Toad
2017 Chevy Colorado
I really like how the Girard awnings look but I've heard varying stories about them. Some say you can't use them in even the slightest of wind. Some say they don't come down low enough to provide adequate shade on the patio area. They are expensive but are they worth it? What's your opinion and experience with Girard awnings?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
Toad
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
We have them and haven’t used them except once or twice so far. If there’s any wind, we find ourselves too scared to put them out. Even though they have wind sensors and are supposed to retract automatically at a certain amount of wind, we’ve read many stories of sudden gusts of wind flipping them right up onto folks’s roofs. At $14k and change for them when new, I can’t imagine such a repair would be cheap.

It’s a shame, they’re really nice when we can use them but they need to be beefed up somehow. I’m not saying it should be hurricane resistant but I shouldn’t need to worry about a gust of wind for my super expensive awnings while those with much old coaches with their manual, flip-down awnings leave them out all day without a car in the world.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
Toad
2014 Honda CRV
i think it is a poor design. such a huge sail area with no other support than at the coach. Mine becomes a huge rainwater collector.
I was lucky to catch in on time before collapsing $$$$. Bottom line, we use it, but very carefully