RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
8E4C093D-0E04-4628-9B01-79CA9FC487A7.jpeg
On both of my awnings, the ends opposite the motors are not fully seating within the awnings’ casings. I broke out the manual and was able to partially adjust via the “in” limit adjustment, but that isn’t the 100% solution. After studying the manual more, I concluded the manual is incomplete at best.

So I reached out to Girard for guidance. I received the attached instructions for “Fabric Adjustment”. These instructions are nowhere within the manual. I’m going to give it a go, but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this particular challenge and what your resolution was.

Attachments

• Fabric Adjustment.pdf
    28.1 KB · Views: 47
View attachment 9785On both of my awnings, the ends opposite the motors are not fully seating within the awnings’ casings. I broke out the manual and was able to partially adjust via the “in” limit adjustment, but that isn’t the 100% solution. After studying the manual more, I concluded the manual is incomplete at best.

So I reached out to Girard for guidance. I received the attached instructions for “Fabric Adjustment”. These instructions are nowhere within the manual. I’m going to give it a go, but was wondering if anyone else had encountered this particular challenge and what your resolution was.
Thanks for sharing, Girard adjusted mine on our 2017 at their service center in CA. Don’t recall them doing all that described in pdf but ours was only about 1/2 inch out on rear. I remember them just hand rolling the fabric on aft side after increasing the fabric slack.

Let us know if it works and how difficult. Working high up on ladders is not something that is comfortable anymore.

I spent most of the afternoon adjusting one awning and I’m no better off than I started. Frustrating.

I’m going to let it breathe tonight and ponder this situation over a bourbon. I’ll try again tomorrow.

It’s a geometry problem which isn’t my strongest skill set.

No experience with the fabric adjustment but I would sure like to know where you are in that photo above. It looks gorgeous!

I spent most of the afternoon adjusting one awning and I’m no better off than I started. Frustrating.

I’m going to let it breathe tonight and ponder this situation over a bourbon. I’ll try again tomorrow.

It’s a geometry problem which isn’t my strongest skill set.
Just wondering if you ever got resolution or if your still drinking bourbon

Well, the bourbon is still in play, but it has nothing to do with awnings at this point. After numerous failed attempts to get this straightened out, I threw in the towel at a point I determined was “good enough for now”. It’s on my list for Nappanee in the spring.

I also have a slightly misaligned Girard that doesn’t affect functionality at all but it bothers me when I look at it. I can confirm that bourbon does wonders to address this, but it’s only lasts 24 hours so you have to reapply every evening.

I’m considering not addressing the Girard alignment at this point.

Latest resources

Back