Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Glass curved shower door fell off while traveling...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Libreader

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Foretravel
RV Model
Nimbus CE
RV Length
38’
TOW/TOAD
Ford Escape Hybrid
Fulltimer
Yes
My rv has an oval shaped shower enclosure with a curved glass door. The only thing that keeps the door closed when traveling is a couple snaps (one inside the shower and one outside). When traveling over a washboard highway today, it fell off. It looks like it just sits on top of 2 rollers to hold it on the shower stall. Any suggestions for how I can keep this both closed when traveling and attached to the stall?
I have a 2009 Foretravel Nimbus CE (just bought it a few days ago). Thank you for your help.

We have what sounds like a very similar shower door. Our does have some magnetic strips to help keep it closed. There's also a rather weak knob we can turn to give it some more resistance to closing. What we use to really keep it closed is a piece of 3M Duolock that we use to "bridge" across two pieces of Duolock stuck on either side of the door jamb. Duolock has more than sufficient strength to keep the door shut.

We have what sounds like a very similar shower door. Our does have some magnetic strips to help keep it closed. There's also a rather weak knob we can turn to give it some more resistance to closing. What we use to really keep it closed is a piece of 3M Duolock that we use to "bridge" across two pieces of Duolock stuck on either side of the door jamb. Duolock has more than sufficient strength to keep the door shut.
Thanks Joel. May I ask for a picture please? I appreciate your help!

Thanks Joel. May I ask for a picture please? I appreciate your help!
Here are pictures of our rather unsophisticated door lock. But it works If you aren't familiar with Duolock you can find it at hardware stores and on Amazon

. PXL_20210226_014524322.jpgPXL_20210226_014518097.jpg

You might also try crafting a simple locking hook to hold the two doors together. If they are firmly held together in this way, both would need to come off the rails.

also glass? Ours are acrylic. Glass would be pretty heavy and possibly dangerous if it’s not tempered.

Here are pictures of our rather unsophisticated door lock. But it works If you aren't familiar with Duolock you can find it at hardware stores and on Amazon

.View attachment 5477View attachment 5478
Oh, it’s 3M’s version of Velcro! I have some heavy duty Velcro already so I’ll try that. Thank you so much!

@docj, I tried looking up “3M Duolock” and couldn’t find it under that name. Expanding the search parameters. I found “3M Dual-Lock.” Is that the same stuff you are talking about?

TJ

@docj, I tried looking up “3M Duolock” and couldn’t find it under that name. Expanding the search parameters. I found “3M Dual-Lock.” Is that the same stuff you are talking about?

TJ
You are correct, that is the product. Sorry for the misdirection

Oh, it’s 3M’s version of Velcro! I have some heavy duty Velcro already so I’ll try that. Thank you so much!

IMO it's far better than Velcro and doesn't degrade after repeated use. Furthermore the fact that both pieces of the "gripper" are the same makes it simple to use--no need to remember if you have the "stiff or fuzzy" side of the Velcro.

Latest resources

Back