RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
4Runner
Fulltimer
Yes
Hi,

Just wanted to share my Facebook Marketplace experience. First, I'll start by saying that I'm not a big Facebook fan overall. Just my opinion, but for me that's just a little to much information out there for the general public. That aside, my wife posted our 2005 Class A RV out there last night, and we sold it today. There were multiple people that sent low-ball offers without requesting any additional information aside from what was posted, and 3 people that scheduled to see it; two today, one for tomorrow (now a day too late and cancelled). For us, it worked better than paying $200 for an premier ad on rvtrader, and had a much larger viewing audience than the forums (sorry, but it's true). Now, our RV being a 2005 was in a price point that is reasonable for a larger audience to afford, so it might not work for everything, but it worked for us. Wanted to share for anyone in a similar situation.

I got barely any response on facebook marketplace for my Montana so I posted a $5 craigslist ad and sold it the next day.

I've got an rds aux tank/toolbox and a curt 20k 5th wheel hitch on facebook marketplace right now and the chiselers are coming out of the woodwork. Half of the messages are the facebook software Is This Available button. Hell yes it's available dimwit or I'd have taken down the ad.

That was a truly fast sale.

I got barely any response on facebook marketplace for my Montana so I posted a $5 craigslist ad and sold it the next day.

I've got an rds aux tank/toolbox and a curt 20k 5th wheel hitch on facebook marketplace right now and the chiselers are coming out of the woodwork. Half of the messages are the facebook software Is This Available button. Hell yes it's available dimwit or I'd have taken down the ad.
Marketplace came through for me this time. Hitch already gone and a guy coming to pick up the tank.

Glad you were able to unload some things.

This spring I sold my 2005 Jeep Wrangler on Marketplace for over asking price the first day it was posted. I had 6 showings scheduled but since the first guy offered $1000 more than I was asking and had hundred dollar bills in hand. I met him at my bank later that morning where they verified the bills and did the necessary paperwork and notarizing. I posted around 7 AM and by noon I had the money in my bank account.

I sold an extra Blue Ox towbar a few weeks later but it took two days.

Before listing the Jeep on Marketplace, I listed it for a week on Craigs List with nothing but scammers and lowballers.

This spring I sold my 2005 Jeep Wrangler on Marketplace for over asking price the first day it was posted. I had 6 showings scheduled but since the first guy offered $1000 more than I was asking and had hundred dollar bills in hand. I met him at my bank later that morning where they verified the bills and did the necessary paperwork and notarizing. I posted around 7 AM and by noon I had the money in my bank account.

I sold an extra Blue Ox towbar a few weeks later but it took two days.

Before listing the Jeep on Marketplace, I listed it for a week on Craigs List with nothing but scammers and lowballers.
Crap, I would have never even thought about having someone meet me at my bank for a vehicle sale to verify cash. Smart and a new thing on my list .

Crap, I would have never even thought about having someone meet me at my bank for a vehicle sale to verify cash. Smart and a new thing on my list .
My bank and I'm assuming most banks have a counting machine that counts and verifies the bills are authentic. Its a crazy world today.

My bank and I'm assuming most banks have a counting machine that counts and verifies the bills are authentic. Its a crazy world today.
Oh yeah absolutely, I just wouldn't have thought about that and would have just met the guy and taken the cash to the bank later. Hindsight on that is the risk.

The bad thing about selling for cash is that if it's over $10k, the bank gets really nervous about the origin due to reporting regulations. It's not illegal (yet) for you to sell a car for cash, but you might have to make that deposit in increments over time unless the buyer can provide some type of verification on the origin of the funds. It's a crazy world where cash isn't always king anymore.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back