Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Good place to purchase a refurbished Refrigerator ?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

moragraciano

RVF Newbee
Hello All,
I am new to rving. I recently purchased a used 2005 fleetwood prowler that will hopefully bring many great moments. I purchased the trailer without a refrigerator.
The stock refrigerator is a dometic rm 2652, its hard to find.
Anyone know of a plug and play replacement for the rm 2652?
If not, maybe a point in the right direction of where to purchase a refrigerator?

Cheapest route is to take measurements (width/height) and buy a residential refrigerator. Add a dedicated inverter to run it off of 12vdc. This seems to work well.

BTW, my daughter runs a Sam's Club Thompson 7cf ref/fzr off of a couple cheap batteries, a harbor freight inverter and a Harbor Freight solar panel for charging in her truck camper. The camper is rarely plugged in and the refrigerator gets turned on mostly to just go grocery shopping or picnicking. If the batteries were upgraded and an extra solar panel was added, the refrigerator would run all night off the batteries during the winter. As it is, it comes up short by a few hours. In order to get the refrigerator to fit in the hole, we moved the LP tank to the rear "porch" that I built and removed the cross stile from the cabinet.

Here is the place to go for a RV refrigerator.

I would not use a residential refrigerator in a recreational vehicle. Many folks do put residential refrigerators in campers. I even know of folks with the type of setup. Not for me though. RV units are built to take the movement of the highway and have locking doors. Most have 2 or three way power capability.

I had a really good experience with National too after my neighbor recommended them.

6755 W State Rd 120, Shipshewana, IN 46565

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back