• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

LSG

RVF Regular
hello from the Columbia river gorged an hour east of Portland Oregon

first post not new to travel trailers but new things are in my future. Weve had a camper or trailer since the mid 90s before that we tent camped all over the place.
used to be a weekend warrior but I spent a month on vacation first time I’ve ever taken that much time off. found a great deal on a larger like new trailer while I was on that trip bought it took it home finished my trip in the old trailer and that sold yesterday. Had such a great trip that we’re talking about a three month trip next year.

its going to be different I’ve only Stayed in an rv park twice before usually in the woods so this whole process of having power water and sewer is unique to me:) i was really fortunate to have found a great campground by accident. The area was filled with rv parks many of them were scary looking. I left a lot of gear outside and kind of looked like I had moved in and brought my entire kitchen with me freezer two tables two cook tops a bbq grill four large coolers. We were fishing and crabbing. I made friends pretty easy. Did you know that even with COVID going on people will take a heaping plate of fresh cooked crab from a stranger.

many questions to come

Welcome @LSG. Glad you joined the site and I hope you enjoy this super friendly group of RVers. Welcome aboard.

Welcome!

Welcome to RVF, @LSG; glad to have you here with us. And, congrats on the new trailer. We'll be looking forward to hearing more from you about your adventures

TJ

Ah yes I want some crab. Welcome, come to the LTVA and bring that plate with you.

Welcome to the site. I’ve been through there several times. Beautiful country. I actually work in TN, but work for ODOT for the last 7 years and usually travel there 1 or 2 times a year except this year. When you take your 3 months off where do you plan to travel?

Great to see another PNW camper on here!

Welcome to the site. I’ve been through there several times. Beautiful country. I actually work in TN, but work for ODOT for the last 7 years and usually travel there 1 or 2 times a year except this year. When you take your 3 months off where do you plan to travel?

From Washington through Wyoming then New Mexico Texas Missouri and onto Florida for the majority of the trip. People to see along the way then in Florida diving and fishing primarily. Or some variation to and from. My wife will be working we will travel on the weekends stay three or four days drive some more take a couple weeks getting there and back hopefully stay in Florida least two full months. My kids are all going to be home to man the fort.

From Washington through Wyoming then New Mexico Texas Missouri and onto Florida for the majority of the trip. People to see along the way then in Florida diving and fishing primarily. Or some variation to and from. My wife will be working we will travel on the weekends stay three or four days drive some more take a couple weeks getting there and back hopefully stay in Florida least two full months. My kids are all going to be home to man the fort.
I am not sure of your path from Missouri to Florida, but if you travel close to Memphis you have Graceland RV Resort right across the street from Graceland where you can take a tour. There is also Beale Street where they have all kinds of restaurants, also Bass Pro Shop in the iconic glass pyramid.

Latest resources

Back