Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lemondrop9344

RVF VIP
Found this forum while searching for information associated with cellular modems.

I installed a Peplink Max Transit CAT 18 at the end of May in my RV. Have an AT&T GUDP as the primary SIM with a Verizon SIM as a back up. Also have Verizon unlimited cell data plan (subject to their usage disclaimers) which I can tether to my PC, as well as a Sierra Wireless cellular modem in my PC with a data only (15 GB) plan. So far I've been very pleased with the unit. I have a Poyntang 7-1 antennae on order & hope we can start traveling sooner as opposed to later.

Most of our travels have been east of the Mississippi where cellular service is pretty good, regardless of your carrier The few times we ventured farther west, I found AT&T & Verizon to have significantly better coverage than Sprint.

The wife & I are full timers (since Dec, 2019), but, our travels have been severely limited due to COVID 19. We rode out hurricane Isaias in Holden Beach (will not to that again) & the Peplink performed flawlessly with my AT&T sim card. When the RV park lost power & their WIFI, I was able to stream via TABLO/ROKU to the TV's in the RV. Obviously, I had to start the generator.

I am twice retired via the Golden Parachute Option (IBM & EDS). I spend a lot of time putzing around with SQL, EXCEL, ACCESS and building custom workstations. The majority of my work is with a client I have been supporting since 2007. This work requires a reliable connection with the downloading/uploading of fairly large files to a server.

The contributors on this forum seem to have embraced the cellular modem technology a little more so than what I've seen on the other forums. Glad I found you.

We're glad you're here and welcome to RVForums @lemondrop9344. I hope you'll enjoy this modern site and participate to help others with your Internet and fulltimer expertise. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to RVF, @lemondrop9344; glad to have you here. I don't speak "Computer," so whatever you folks say is safe with me. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Latest resources

Back