Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Greetings from the South Chicago Suburbs!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dbarton02

RVF Regular
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Adventurer 35U
RV Length
35'
TOW/TOAD
3 Kids and a Chocolate Lab... Hahah!
Fulltimer
No
Happy Sunday and hello to everyone!

3 months ago, my wife Erin and I were talking about what to do for our family vacation this year. We have 3 boys (Ages 7, 5, and 14 months) and had previously taken cruises in the summer until the pandemic upended our annual plans.
She had mentioned camping this year, and we had started looking at renting a Class C Motorhome off Outdoorsy. I have great memories as a kid camping (parents had owned a 1979 Winnebago Chieftain back in the day) and we figured our boys would get an absolute kick out of it - (I digress)... So we had started pricing out the trip, and I had started looking at the purchase cost of a coach with the thought of renting it out when it was not in use. Take that with the figure of spending 5-6k per year on a vacation anyway, and we soon arrived at the decision that purchasing an older starter coach would be a great move knowing we could take a number of trips each year, instead of planning on just one.

We're close to bringing one home - as I had found a very well kept '02 Adventurer with 79k miles (8.1 workhorse). Just got new tires, shocks, springs, head gasket and is in the process of having one of the rear jacks replaced at the Winnebago factory this coming Wednesday. If all goes well, I hope to check it out once more to make sure no leaks are present, drive it, sign some papers, and take it home Thursday. Normal wear for a coach this age, though kept in real nice shape.

Fingers crossed, we'll be putting it through its paces over the long weekend coming up and hope to create a lot of new family fun over the summer!

Congrats on jumping in and starting some great memories with your young family. We are currently spending some time about 120 miles south of you. This Illinois weather has finally gotten a little better!!!!

Welcome @Dbarton02 - keep us posted and share pics when you get it.

Latest resources

Back