• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Altazi

RVF Regular
Hello All,

I am new here, and have some experience with an old Rockwood tent trailer from a couple decades ago. It was good for us when we had it, but now that the kids are grown, we are looking for a travel trailer that has a real bed and a bathroom. I will be asking a number of questions, and welcome all comments and suggestions.

Based on situational realities, I have two non-negotiable requirements for a travel trailer:
1. Overall exterior length must not exceed 25' 9" because it must fit in my driveway without overlapping the sidewalk.
2. It must have a walk-around standard-size queen bed (60" x 80"). The 'RV queen 60" x 74" won't work, as my feet hang off the end. Walk-around is required as neither I nor my wife wish to crawl to the end of the bed, or crawl over each other, to exit the bed.

Searching with those two limitations has eliminated a large number of trailers. I have compiled a list that may work:
- Forest River Apex Nano 213RDS
- Forest River Flagstaff Micro-Lite 22FBS
- Forest River Ibex 20BHS
- Forest River No Boundaries NB19.5 (meets the two requirements, but seems to lack luxury)
- Forest River Rockwood Mini-Lite 2205S (virtually identical to the Flagstaff Micro-Lite 22FBS)
- Forest River Surveyor Legend 202RBLE
- Lance Travel Trailer 1995
- Keystone Hideout 202RD
- Keystone Premier 19FBPR

Fitting in our driveway is a requirement as we do not wish to pay for storage. In addition to the length limit, there is a height limit as well. This is more complicated, as the driveway is sloped down towards the garage, and there is a 26" roof overhang. Thus. the height limit is based upon the distance from the front axle to the maximum rear-most item on the trailer. Naturally, this height must include any protruding items such as ladders, fans, etc. I will need to make measurements on the actual trailer, as none of this information appears to be available.

OK, I have gone on long enough. If you have stuck with me this far, you might have guessed that I am an engineer . . .

Welcome @Altazi - great to have you join this super friendly gang.

Welcome from Georgia!

Sorry I have no ideas to share about which camper will work for your situation.

Welcome from Georgia!

Sorry I have no ideas to share about which camper will work for your situation.
Thank you!

It's typical for me to have very specific requirements for just about anything I get, so no problem. I have a real talent for making things difficult for myself.

Latest resources

Back