Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Coffee in the coach (or S&B) part deux - time to part with the Keurig? I'm looking for something that I can put my freshroastedcoffee.com stock of coffee beans into, it grinds and brews preferably single serve for great coffee. Any suggestions?

I bought a ”Keurig K-slim” model for the coach. I’d like to have fresh ground and brewed and toy with the idea of espresso, but so far the Keurig has been good enough.

Had either a Breville or Krups grind and brew years ago, worked well but large.

if you go that route a burr grinder is better than the blade type for grinding the beans.

We have this one that is headed to the coach currently. Instant™ Dual Pod Plus Coffee Maker

When we want regular we use the k-cup side. When I want espresso just use the original Nespresso pod side.

Has worked well for us.

Holding off for now. Reviews on both the grind and brew (Breville) and the new Keurig are concerning. The new Keurig sounds like it does better but I'd want to use the K cup that allows me to put my own coffee in and the new style seems painful. Still trying to find that best brew, so far my french press is the favorite, continuing my journey to find the best coffee for me.

I’ll be using a plastic Hario dripper. It looks just like the ceramic one I use at home. I also got a small hand grinder (Hario) to make coffee on the road.

45EA96D1-843D-4B05-B529-67D4528322A0.jpeg

OK, @Neal; time to go big or go home! Look at the Jura machines. They make great coffee drinks and are durable.

We’ve had a Jura Impressa J9 for several years at the sticks-and-bricks and a Jura ENA Micro 5 in the motorhome. Both make great, fresh-ground beans coffee.

The Micro 5 is compact, and works great in smaller spaces. Ours is now at the new sticks-and-bricks after retiring from RV service and—as I type—I’m drinking a cup of Organic Bali Blue Moon it just made. When we sell our other sticks-and-bricks, it will Join Lil’ Brother down here.

Yeah, they are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for—and, you can’t take it with you! ;)

TJ

Looks great @TJ&LadyDi but I'm more of a 10oz at a time coffee drinker (2 x 10 oz each morning) vs. espresso.

Looks great @TJ&LadyDi but I'm more of a 10oz at a time coffee drinker (2 x 10 oz each morning) vs. espresso.
No problem; the bigger Jura machines are programmable for cup size. Our J9 Impressa is set to deliver 10-oz cups at the touch of a button.

Ya’ gotta try harder than that, @Neal

TJ

Latest resources

Back