Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

BDM

RVF Regular
Hi I'm BDM new I have a surveyor travel trailer 2017 model 200 mble . I had problems with different spacing and measurement on hangers and axles , it actually tore parts of the bottom of the beam off with the hangers. I have new hangers and two new axles. My problem is i want the exact measurement so everything will be right. So if anyone has the measurement from front cross i beam were angle of the tongue starts to the center of the center hanger and the center to the center of the other two hangers , it would be great to have every thing right on. The only other question is the measurement is the center to center axle to axle. Thank you all

Attachments

• Surveyor axles.pdf
    680.8 KB · Views: 10
What I would do is measure from the hitch so it pulls straight, but that's me. Measure to your front axle to make sure it is where you want. Measure the diameter of the tires you want to run then add four inches to that and that number to place the second axle. That will put your rear axle in a place that would give you four inches of space between the tires. You can increase or decrease the measurement between the axles as desired.

I would take it to a company that aligns trailer axles and repairs the same. Many large truck service companies can do this. I view it as something to do correctly........ once. Otherwise, the trailer may be like a dog walking across the yard. The rear end is not tracking the front end due to an offset. Plus tire wear issues abound, and in stopping, you want it to stay precisely behind the tow vehicle. Otherwise, you may exclaim "hey that's a good-looking trailer passing us. OH S!!! it's ours!

So, what was your decision? Do it yourself or have it professionally done?

One place i asked for a bid was over $2,200.00 I think thats a little high
You stated there is frame damage which will require repairs. Then weld on the hangers in the correct places and, while doing so, not over-heat the frame causing either weakness or brittleness. Plus required are very accurate measurement skills and equipment. I'd say $2200 might be a good deal. I view the project as something the inexperienced should NOT be doing.

You stated there is frame damage which will require repairs. Then weld on the hangers in the correct places and, while doing so, not over-heat the frame causing either weakness or brittleness. Plus required are very accurate measurement skills and equipment. I'd say $2200 might be a good deal. I view the project as something the inexperienced should NOT be doing.
Yes the frame damage is a result of lippert frames and axles and F.R. quality control. this problem came with trailer, not my doing

any body with 2017 surveyor 200 mble please take time for 3 measurements on attach files measurement T 1 -- T 2 -- Y 1 -- Y 2 -- Y 3

Attachments

• Surveyor axles.pdf
    680.8 KB · Views: 5

Latest resources

Back