Hard Headed People

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

"EZ"

Internet Forum Junkie since there was dial up!
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Holiday Rambler
RV Model
Ambassador
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I was on a FB forum about Diesel Pushers when this newbie asks the question "which is the best Diesel Pusher to buy?" Of course everybody has an opinion. It usually closely resembles the brand sitting in their drive way. Right? :ROFLMAO: I wasn't going to waste my time because in reality its an unanswerable question. Every situation is different so there is no "best" RV to purchase.

But I couldn't help to respond to one of the comments a lady made saying that Tiffin was hands down the BEST Class A out there because of their great service. I said "You do know that Thor Industries bought Tiffin, right? She answers yes. "But that doesn't matter. It's the same employees". I tried to explain that regardless if the employees are the same or not, Thor Industries would now be making the decisions on what would or would not be covered under warranty or how much "service" customers were going to get. She continued to argue that Tiffin wouldn't change because she owned a Tiffin and had been to Red River, AL. and saw the people herself and just knew they would continue to offer the best service and build the best coach bar none!! My response was that "Thor owners would beg to differ" and reiterated that Thor Industries now made the decisions, not the Tiffin Family, so I could guarantee that the Thor Corporate culture would prevail in the long run and she and other Tiffin owners would notice a shift to a profits driven mindset instead of a customer satisfaction mindset that the Tiffin Family was known for. She still wasn't convinced. I ended by saying "If you have any warranty items that need taken care of I'd get them fixed ASAP!!".

After this exchange I remembered why I shouldn't argue with the "experts" on Facebook. Good grief. :rolleyes:

Fakebook fact checkers have reviewed your post and have we found it to factually fictitious. And if you continue to post these outlandish post, then we will tell our Mommy and she will tell Daddy and he will beat you up. So you better stop, because your about to make me cry, and I don't like to cry, but Mommy will always hug me and make me feel better.

Yeah, best to scroll right on by....

In corporate take overs or buy outs there are reasons behind it. 1. To get rid of the competition, 2. To be able to consume product, or service they don’t already have. One could hope that Thor takes a look at the business model of service and incorporates it into Thor.

ya never know though.

I wasn't going to waste my time because in reality its an unanswerable question. Every situation is different so there is no "best" RV to purchase.

But I couldn't help to respond to one of the comments a lady made :rolleyes:

Haha

Mable, what kinda bait are you using today?

First off, I hope she actually didn't say she has been to Red River AL, because Tiffins are built in Red Bay, AL.

Even though my Newmar is gone, I'll just toss something out there anyway. The first year I had my Ventana I stopped in Red Bay. There was a vendor there who my buddy told me about that did LEDs under coaches. I had already heard about Tiffin and their service. While camped in Red Bay I heard more stories of course.

Newmar covered a couple issues on my coach after the initial warranty ran out. Their comment was that they were going to take of it because it should not have failed. This is similar to what most Tiffin owners will tell you. Now both of these family owned builders have been sold. So far Newmar hasn't changed most of their policies. It is still a little early to tell if Tiffin will or not but most people or guessing they will because Thor's reputation isn't all that great.

As a reminder...Thor Industries is the parent holding company of many other companies. Thor Motorcoach is one of those companies. It is Thor Motorcoach that has such a negative connotation.

If I'm not mistaken Thor Industries is the parent company of Challengers (class A gas) and Keystone Montana (5th wheels). Neither of these branded RVs have very good quality control IMHO, nor do either of these companies ever cover any issues a day after the initial warranty expires. I know from personal experience and I have "heard" from other accounts online. Is Thor Motorcoach even in business anymore?

I was on a FB forum about Diesel Pushers when this newbie asks the question "which is the best Diesel Pusher to buy?" Of course everybody has an opinion. It usually closely resembles the brand sitting in their drive way. Right? :ROFLMAO: I wasn't going to waste my time because in reality its an unanswerable question. Every situation is different so there is no "best" RV to purchase.

But I couldn't help to respond to one of the comments a lady made saying that Tiffin was hands down the BEST Class A out there because of their great service. I said "You do know that Thor Industries bought Tiffin, right? She answers yes. "But that doesn't matter. It's the same employees". I tried to explain that regardless if the employees are the same or not, Thor Industries would now be making the decisions on what would or would not be covered under warranty or how much "service" customers were going to get. She continued to argue that Tiffin wouldn't change because she owned a Tiffin and had been to Red River, AL. and saw the people herself and just knew they would continue to offer the best service and build the best coach bar none!! My response was that "Thor owners would beg to differ" and reiterated that Thor Industries now made the decisions, not the Tiffin Family, so I could guarantee that the Thor Corporate culture would prevail in the long run and she and other Tiffin owners would notice a shift to a profits driven mindset instead of a customer satisfaction mindset that the Tiffin Family was known for. She still wasn't convinced. I ended by saying "If you have any warranty items that need taken care of I'd get them fixed ASAP!!".

After this exchange I remembered why I shouldn't argue with the "experts" on Facebook. Good grief. :rolleyes:
I totally agree with your response. I don’t think there is a “best” model out there. My experience has been that the owner of any RV has to be proactive. We bought a new Thor Axis in 2018. Right after purchase we traveled the western part of US. For 7 weeks we had numerous problems with minor malfunctions.
When we returned home we called the factory in Indiana and scheduled an unlimited length of time for my husband to stay on the property to get all issues addressed. They were wonderful. They covered the RV from front to back addressing even a couple of things we had not noticed. My husbands stay was covered by Thor. He as able to stay on site all but one night.
our RV has been great since.
we were told that management had changed and they are now more quality focused. I hope that is true.

Latest resources

Back