RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
After repairing the rear air (capacitor) and replacing the summer pump in the oasis (I would bore you with a rant as to location of the box that turned this into a 5 hour job, but no) and removing the large bin slide out tray, I hadn't had enough yet, so out came the box with my new headlights that I ordered last year. The street side wasn't bad, but the curb side was. Had to remove/realign a few things just to get the old one out. Happy to say it's done and I think I'm at the end of my list (until the next problem). I didn't realize just how bad the old headlights were, but the new ones really are nice. Even had a price reduction since I bought mine. HERE
20210118_133657.jpg

How did you find the correct replacement. Newmar could not even tell me which one?

A friend told me they were from a Grand caravan and gave me the year. From there it was a Google search away. I can imagine Newmar price is WELL north of what these cost.

I replaced the summer loop last year in my Ventana and other than crawling in through the passenger second bay it was a straight shot in to pull the panel off the back of the oasis to make the exchange. It sounds like yours was a lot harder?

Mine is located above the burner on the fame rail.
20210121_161724.jpg

Hello Jim,
We have the same coach or so I thought. My distribution box is located where Sheridan's is in his Ventana. Opposite the water bay. Did you have a slide out tray in that bay?
Just trying to figure out why the would Newmar would "hide" yours like that and make it so inaccessible. I have changed 5 pumps since new I would have been more aggravated if I had to get where yours is located.

The DOT number is stamped on the front of the headlight lense. Look up the DOT number and you will find the application. What is DOT / SAE

headlightnewmar.jpg
headlightnewmar.jpg

Hello Jim,
We have the same coach or so I thought. My distribution box is located where Sheridan's is in his Ventana. Opposite the water bay. Did you have a slide out tray in that bay?
Just trying to figure out why the would Newmar would "hide" yours like that and make it so inaccessible. I have changed 5 pumps since new I would have been more aggravated if I had to get where yours is located.
Your's is a 43', mine is a 37. I actually pulled the tray out from the other side bin assuming the box was there. Nope, on the other side above the Oasis in the cheap seat section. Think I could do it in less time now, but am not looking forward to it. BTW, I saw how much room I gained with the tray out, it's staying out.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back