Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
As most know I had a dedicated desk setup in my RV, a 72 inch UpDesk and Herman Miller Aeron chair. Great setup but it took the "social" out of my coach and made it a work coach. I decided to remove the desk as I had to haul my jack knife sofa to Newmar to get reupholstered anyways and decided to try laptop only computing at the dinette and other areas such as couch, passenger seat which has the fold up desk, etc.

My first experiences back to dinette computing reminded me of a few things I left at home. A better chair vs. the dinette chair (armless office chair) and a seat cushion. So I ordered a seat cushion and also a lumbar support so I could have it for the remainder of this trip to test and again figure out my work space.

I can tell you I was in a lot of pain working at the dinette from bad posture, poor seating, etc. I bought two things which changed my world of healthy computing at the dinette mainly. A seat cushion and a lumbar support. What a difference this has made for me. I highly recommend these two items if you spend a significant amount of time at your workstation in your RV or experience pain from poor ergonomics.

seat-cushion.png

lumbar-support.png

Latest resources

Back