DSDP 4326
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
ISL 450
TOW/TOAD
2023 Winnebago ERA 70A or 2012 Ford Taurus
Here in Fredericksburg, we got hit with a foot of heavy snow yesterday morning. I’ve lived here 18 years, have seen plenty of snow, but this one is different.

I-95 is shutdown both ways and has been for 15 hours. Can you imagine being stuck out there in that? It is 15 deg right now.

The road in front of my house is shutdown due to a large number of fallen trees blocking it. At last count, I have four trees down on my lot. We are stuck here and power has been out since 1000 yesterday. I have a generator, but fuel is running low. The nearest gas is just over four miles away. I may walk it later this morning.

I’ve fired up the motorhome systems a couple of times. Glad to have it here.

As much as this sucks, it could always be worse. I’m hoping to be able to have a plowed road and maybe electric by Thursday. We shall see.

I think I’m doing snowbirding all wrong. Y’all that are doing it right, raise one for me today.

5EC6C969-FF98-4C6F-B394-3EF771AC1196.jpeg

Ain't that pretty????? Loving the snow here in the Richmond, VA area. Of course this year in the comfort of my S&B but would be fine out "camping" in it too :)

I never was much for boondocking.

But you have the tools to do it :) When going to VA Beach I used to dread "that bridge/tunnel" traffic and had to find a pit stop prior to the bridge just to be safe. Now in the motorhome, no problem, sit in traffic for hours, I don't care. Potty on board :)

That's why I make sure the fuel and water tanks are full, and waste tanks empty before I get on the road. You never know what can happen ahead?

Be careful, DW was just telling me about the 95 mess. She only got a dusting in Suffolk. Thankfully, as I didn't set up the snow thrower prior to leaving for work🥶🥶🥶

We probably flew over that coming back to OH from Clearwater. Hang in there.

Yikes. Hope you get power and the roads open soon.

Our DS sits in our backyard always with full fuel & fresh water & empty waste tanks. Don’t worry about snow (never any) but just waiting for the next big earthquake.😳😳
Hang in there @Neemer .

Latest resources

Back