Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

colomap

RVF Regular
Hi! My wife and I are in our late 40's and considering taking a year off work to drive around North America. Looking for an RV option. Honestly, it's pretty daunting.

We were kind of sold on a van (we are very low maint and dont need much) - like a Winne Travato or something similar. Now I'm looking at a trailer with a nice pickup. The trailers seem roomier and having a truck to detach for driving around would be nice. I hear so many horror stories and the inventories are so low and prices so high - it's a little frustrating. Our budget is about $90,000 total. We will have one dog with us. Any general advice is helpful - I've been reading and researching everywhere and am no closer to a decision.

Welcome. Take your time. Go to RV shows, Spend time in floor models to see what really fits you. Right now you will pay top dollar, until the market cools down.

Many rush in and buy the wrong two before getting it right the third time. Don’t ask me how I know.

Welcome from Wisconsin. I agree with @AbdRahim.

Are RV shows even happening during COVID? I'll take a look but I sure haven't seen any tv commercials about them here locally (Denver)

Are RV shows even happening during COVID? I'll take a look but I sure haven't seen any tv commercials about them here locally (Denver)
Yes they are, people are striving to return to normal. Just depends on the state and gov't rules but I'm hearing several going on. Tampa supershow happened this past January and I fully expect it again next January.

Yep they just had the Hershey PA RV show one of the largest in the country. Do your research, BUT if you really like the RV experience, you probably will be buying a second coach with the items you wished you had in your first one or two.

Like above, ask me how I know. I am on my third now.

HH

Latest resources

Back