RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
I've been retired since 2012. Was a journeyman/estimator/superintendent for our family pipe insulation contracting business. Had a canned ham in my early 20's as my first camper. Icebox, water pump handle at the sink. A 32 ft Spartan 10 years later to live in while I worked out of town, then a 26 ft Travco motorhome, then got away from it for several years. 2nd wife didn't show a love for camping.

Around 2015 the union called, work was booming and they needed help bad at the refinery and said I could work there and keep getting my pension. So I bought a travel trailer to stay in. Wife in the mean time fell in love with camping. Went through a few travel trailers and none were big enough so we bit the bullet and bought a 41 ft Montana and a ram dually with the intention of going full time mostly at our winter spot in Florida.

My Dad died and his unused 2007 Monaco Camelot 42pdq with only 40,000 miles had been sitting since he had lost his eyesight a few years earlier. So to help Mom out I went down and started going through it so she could sell it. The batteries had all been stolen out of it and it had just been sitting inside.

After we got back from Florida in May I started in on it again. Wife came down and helped clean the inside. She absolutely fell in love with it. I was already in love with it.
So we've decided to buy it and sell our dually and Montana. And possibly not full time and sell the house. Now we're talking about 6 months in Florida and 6 months here at home.

Long story I know.

Wow those names of towns are familiar. I grew up in Dupo, (near St. Louis) but we would camp/water ski at Crab Orchid in the mid-late sixties. My daughter went to SIU Carbondale and now lives in Maryland Heights. Any way welcome. I am brand new also.

Latest resources

Back