Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cali30

RVF Newbee
Hello Newmar Owners. I am currently a 2011 Tiffin Phaeton owner looking to trade up to a Dutch Star 4018 or 4369. I joined the forum to learn about the 2015 to 2017 Dutch Star years and find if there are any issues to look for when buying. The Tiffin owners forum was a wealth of information, I hope this one is too.

Rick

Welcome @Cali30 - I think one major advantage is the STAR foundation started in 2016 I believe. As I have a 2017 Ventana I feel 2017 was a good year for Newmar with quality production builds prior to the increased production and presumed quality suffering as a result.

Welcome @Cali30 - I think one major advantage is the STAR foundation started in 2016 I believe. As I have a 2017 Ventana I feel 2017 was a good year for Newmar with quality production builds prior to the increased production and presumed quality suffering as a result.
Thank you. Good to know!

The wall construction, the insulation, & the paint process are better than most other manufacturers!

Welcome from Wisconsin.

We own a 2017 DS4018 purchased new in April of 17. I would assume that all the normal little problems will have been addressed under warranty by the previous owner(s). As with many of the rv manufacturers Newmar has had many issues with the Flexsteel upholstery peeling (twice for us). Newmar has consistently helped out with this issue but do not expect that to be the case as second owners. The coach, otherwise, has been great for us except for DEF sensor issues which are known Spartan & Freightliner issues for all brands using their chassis.
All in all a great choice that we would certainly recommend.

Latest resources

Back