Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dsanchez562

RVF Newbee
Hello Everyone. I purchased a 2011 jayco grey hawk about 5 months ago. On my second trip and I am issues with my electrical outlets. My first trip everything was good but not this one. None of my outlets work not even when am on a camp ground with hook ups. The only way I can get my outlets to work is by turning on my generator. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

could be a bad connection between your shore cord and transfer switch.

Look into the transfer switch

Rich any idea where this is located? Thank you.
Search shows it may be under the bed, under a false floor in the wardrobe, or under the couch. Guess there are a few locations to look for it.

Definitely sounds like an ATS issue though.

Rich any idea where this is located? Thank you.
It should be obvious at the coach end of the shore cord as others have said, but they may have hidden it for connivence reasons (theirs not yours) so it might be a bit of a search. Under the bed as @DennisT suggested? Who would do such a thing. But maybe….

My old Four Winds Class C didn’t have a transfer switch. It had an outlet to plug the shore cord into when running the generator. Space and access to was limited in that compartment so when I added a transfer switch I placed it under a dinette seat. So I guess it could be anywhere.

First pic is a factory transfer switch on a Newmar Bay Star; second one is after market on the Four Winds, third is the factory location on my current rig:
2A52D706-C8D9-439C-B398-13654E33B1E5.jpegCD1000D3-0DC1-4D08-B6D9-86A51B9F54C6.jpeg
187634D0-BF7C-4801-B9F9-93171C74EC55.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah on that specific model I found pictures of the ATS under the bed, behind cabinets, etc depending on the actual model.

Seems strange to me as well. Ours in our Forester was behind a panel by the stairs going into the coach.

Our friends have a Fleetwood DP and theirs is under the bed too.

Yeah on that specific model I found pictures of the ATS under the bed, behind cabinets, etc depending on the actual model.

Seems strange to me as well. Ours in our Forester was behind a panel by the stairs going into the coach.

Our friends have a Fleetwood DP and theirs is under the bed too.
Should be a RVIA standard but I guess its just a free for all.

On my old Forester, you had to take apart the bathroon sink cabinet to get to the transfer switch - insane.

Latest resources

Back