Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Hollydollb

RVF Newbee
Howdy folks I'm an off-gridder 5000 miles up on a mountain in Central Oregon. I desperately need your help.

We have these stupid pull up blinds in our fifth wheeler and one by one, they are breaking. It's the kind that has a string that goes from the top to the bottom thread through the blind holes along both sides. You push the blind up through the strings on either side. Does that make sense?

Usually it's just one side string that breaks at the bottom but that messes the whole ability to put the blind up. I thought about getting string and trying to tie it to the broken string to make it longer, and and then wrapping that at the bottom screw thingy. But here's my concern, I don't want it to just break again because the string doesn't seem that strong. Any suggestions for something thin that's stronger? I had an idea to maybe try a fishing line and try tying that to the end of the string and then around the thingy at the bottom. What do you think? Any other ideas?

UGGGGG!! I now have more broken blinds then I do working blinds. ;( I sure am missing being able to put my blinds up to feel the sunshine and see my beautiful view. ;( These type of blinds are so annoying LOL so I really appreciate any experience and/or help you have. I've attached pictures of the right side that's not broken and then the left side with the string broken. And one of my incredible view that I'm missing. If you have any pictures, I'm a real visual person but any suggestions you have would really help.

Thanks a bunch folks really appreciate it!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_20210309_125208861.jpg
    IMG_20210309_125208861.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210309_125314219.jpg
    IMG_20210309_125314219.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210309_125343642.jpg
    IMG_20210309_125343642.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • FB_IMG_1605392268394.jpg
    FB_IMG_1605392268394.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 10
We have that kind of blind in our sticks n’ bricks and recently had a local blind shop (yes...they can see :LOL: ) restring at couple of them. I was surprised at how reasonable the cost was. If you want to restring them yourself, the proper cord is available via Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Blind+restringing+cord&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

TJ

We changed our ones out that came with our brand new trailer to the accordian type ones and absolutely love them. Pull them down to where you want
them and just push them back up either all the way or where you want them to stop.

Jack L

Howdy folks I'm an off-gridder 5000 miles up on a mountain in Central Oregon. I desperately need your help.

We have these stupid pull up blinds in our fifth wheeler and one by one, they are breaking. It's the kind that has a string that goes from the top to the bottom thread through the blind holes along both sides. You push the blind up through the strings on either side. Does that make sense?

Usually it's just one side string that breaks at the bottom but that messes the whole ability to put the blind up. I thought about getting string and trying to tie it to the broken string to make it longer, and and then wrapping that at the bottom screw thingy. But here's my concern, I don't want it to just break again because the string doesn't seem that strong. Any suggestions for something thin that's stronger? I had an idea to maybe try a fishing line and try tying that to the end of the string and then around the thingy at the bottom. What do you think? Any other ideas?

UGGGGG!! I now have more broken blinds then I do working blinds. ;( I sure am missing being able to put my blinds up to feel the sunshine and see my beautiful view. ;( These type of blinds are so annoying LOL so I really appreciate any experience and/or help you have. I've attached pictures of the right side that's not broken and then the left side with the string broken. And one of my incredible view that I'm missing. If you have any pictures, I'm a real visual person but any suggestions you have would really help.

Thanks a bunch folks really appreciate it!! :D
This video may help.

Latest resources

Back