Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Loucrew591

RVF Newbee
My wife and I are presently considering buying a 36C and becoming full timers. How do you like the coach if you own it? Are you happy with the space you have for full time living? Also could someone provide an approximate mpg while flat towing a vehicle.
Thanks for any help. I may be a pest the next couple days as we are close to deciding. Any encouragement would be appreciated.

John

John,
Once we rented a class C in Las Vegas. My advise is, make sure you have at least two AC’s on the coach. It will take some adaptation, but you can do it. Ask questions without hesitation.
Welcome to the forum.

I have a 34G as for mileage 8.9 w/out towing, the one thing to think about is where to put it as it is 13+ feet tall.

I'm not much on the large gas coach since you have to navigate the gas fuel pumps and when towing you have to select your gas stations carefully. Also, it lists a GVWR of 24,000 pounds but doesn't give a UVW so can't tell how much cargo capacity you will have. Being a full time you easily be in the 2500 pounds plus cargo capacity and probably more. You may not think so but stuff adds up quickly.
I do like the floor plan and looks really liveable and looks like has lots of storage inside which is good as long as you have the carrying capacity. Good luck with your decisions because my requirement for a full-time living may not match yours.

Last edited:
Hi. We just purchased a 2023 36C in November and love it so far. We already have 3,000 miles on hit and I am getting about 8.4 MPG with it, but this is not towing. From what I hear, towing 4 down is not much less than that, but I guess that all depends on terrain, towed, etc. We love the floorplan and this is our second Jayco (Class C before) and love the fit and finish. We don't have a lot of experience so far, but loving it just the same.

Latest resources

Back