Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

HippieMamaRv

RVF Regular
Hello. New to this website.. (If I am posting this in the wrong section, please let me know) I am desperately looking for help.

I have a 2005 Skyline Trail Blazer Toy Hauler- 5th wheel. My children and I have been living in it, fulltime, for about 9 months.. I am a bit of a do-it-yourselfer..
The current issue that I am having is an extreme lack of water pressure..
The water pressure from the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, and toilet are, as of this morning, less than pencil thin. The pressure has not always been this horrible.. When I first turn the sink on, the pressure is great for about 2-3 seconds and then it starts to slow.. within 6-7 seconds, there is barely any pressure.
I am hooked up to an rv hose, on my property. The hose has great pressure.(I do not have a pressure regulator, although I have ordered one on Amazon and waiting for it to arrive..)
Some recent repairs I have done:
  1. *Cleaned out my 6 gal Atwood water heater(changed old plastic drain plug with new, brass one, overnight soaked water heather with 3 gal Vinegar- topped off with water.. Sprayed out TONS of sediment. Soaked pressure relief valve in vinegar as well. Replaced old thermostat)
  2. *Installed new kitchen sink faucet.(Old one dripped and made hard water stains in sink..)
  3. * Fixed leak under kitchen sink, where water goes into water pump(pump is not used, as I use pressure from hose hook-up..)
  4. *Fixed leak under bathroom sink, twice. JUST TODAY-
  5. *Replaced water inlet valve{?}(where the hose screws into trailer)
  6. *Sprayed out water filter(Ordered new filters- Flow-Pur #8 cartridge..) Current filter is VERY green and slimy, so I sprayed it as much as possible.. will replace with new one when replacement arrives in a few days..
  7. *Checked and cleaned both sink aerator/filters.
Tomorrow I will replace old RV hose with new, clean one. I believe old one is causing green build-up in filter..?
NOTHING that I have done has helped with low water pressure issue.. Maybe even made it worse.. If I am missing something important, or doing something wrong, I am very willing to hear any advice to come my way!

Thanks so much!
Chelsie

Try removing the water filter until the new one arrives. My concern is whatever is on your filter as you described may be in the lines too. You may need to put something in the filter housing such as chlorine bleach to try to clean the lines. There are also air hose adapters used for winterization you could use to try and add air pressure to blow the lines out at a controlled pressure so as not to over pressurize the lines. Remove filters, regulators, any bottlenecks to test.

X2 on taking out that old water filter. Use was system without a filter until you get the proper one. Also, from what you describe I certainly would not be drinking any water from inside that coach. You whole system needs to be sanitized immediately!

Try removing the water filter until the new one arrives. My concern is whatever is on your filter as you described may be in the lines too. You may need to put something in the filter housing such as chlorine bleach to try to clean the lines. There are also air hose adapters used for winterization you could use to try and add air pressure to blow the lines out at a controlled pressure so as not to over pressurize the lines. Remove filters, regulators, any bottlenecks to test.
Can I just remove the filter from the housing and leave the housing empty? Or is there a way to avoid the housing? Or maybe that would just depend on my set up, right?..
If I add bleach, what would it take to make the water drinkable again? It is weird because I have a glass jar that I fill in my fridge, and it is always crystal clear water..
Can you provide a link for more information on the hose adapters to blow out the lines?
Thanks so much!

How
X2 on taking out that old water filter. Use was system without a filter until you get the proper one. Also, from what you describe I certainly would not be drinking any water from inside that coach. You whole system needs to be sanitized immediately!
How do I sanitize my whole system from a water hose input?

I am not sure what to even search. I have tried googling, watching videos, replacing parts and taking things apart.. And I'm driving myself crazy. I am 9 months pregnant and I do not fit in the small spacing necessary to diagnose most plumbing issues. I have had to send my 9 year old daughter under the kitchen counter to help me hold things a few times. I usually figure things out myself, but I am at a bit of a loss with this one..
I do not know my way around forum websites. Honestly, I have tried to find more, direct information about my trailer. But I have only found similar models, with very different set-ups. If you have any links that can point me in a better direction, I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

It may be best to contact someone to help you such as a RV mobile repair tech, or take it to a service center nearby.

It may be best to contact someone to help you such as a RV mobile repair tech, or take it to a service center nearby.
I appreciate the response, however, I am very low on funds. Mobile services will devour my savings.
I can not move the trailer, as I only own a Nissan Versa.
Which is why I am trying to get advice online.
Thank you though

I appreciate the response, however, I am very low on funds. Mobile services will devour my savings.
I can not move the trailer, as I only own a Nissan Versa.
Which is why I am trying to get advice online.
Thank you though
You don't have any old fart neighbors close that could give you a hand?

Latest resources

Back