Old Swabby
RV Year
RV Make
Thor
RV Model
WindSport 36Z
RV Length
37'
Took my '06 Thor WindSport 36z in to get a bad shake taken care of. Turned out to need new plugs & coils. However, after getting it home, I find I have no 110v. The batteries were flat and the generator wouldn't start. I slapped a charger on the house batteries and managed to get the generator started. Indicators at the command center show voltages normal. Breakers at the main pedestal all checked OK. AND, my bedroom slide doesn't work. Apparently, no power. Looks like the living room slide is working OK. At 24 degrees, I'm not exactly thrilled at spending another 3 hours out there troubleshooting. Any ideas? Please, please, please.... speak English when responding. No acronyms! If there is a place I should be looking for something, please tell me. I just want to get this thing working like it did 3 weeks ago with the least amount of hassle and money spent.

Check for a Circuit breaker in the battery compartment. Should be one in the chassis and one in the house batt. compartments.
It happened to me once. No slides or leveler. You said you had no 110. From the inverter? The house battery feeds that. If from shore power, Maybe the switch over relay. Maybe...

Check for a Circuit breaker in the battery compartment. Should be one in the chassis and one in the house batt. compartments.
It happened to me once. No slides or leveler. You said you had no 110. From the inverter? The house battery feeds that. If from shore power, Maybe the switch over relay. Maybe...
I am not on shore power. I am running the generator. I don't know where the inverter would even be, it's size, or anything about it. I will look for circuit breakers in the mentioned locations. Thanks very much.

Did you resolve this? Remember the DC breakers you are looking for that Dona40 mentioned are probably “flag” type and not conventional breakers like the ones in your house panel. Your inverter may be buried somewhere with poor access but it will have a control panel to tell you its status.

Just for giggles, I went out and started this pig. I did NOTHING but start the generator and the engine. BUT, for some reason, I now have 110. I still can't open the bedroom slide, but that will wait until warmer weather. I have owned this thing since mid-December. Since then, I've learned to loath it. I consider myself pretty handy and can fix most things myself. But, this... there is no rhyme nor reason for the things that are happening. I can't WAIT to get rid of it.

Latest resources

Back