RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Wildwood Heritage Glen 26bhhl
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Fulltimer
No
I’m looking at possibly buying a Heritage Glen 26bhhl and I’m a little concerned about the woodworking. Does anyone know how the manufacturing process? Are their cabinets screwed and glued? Stapled? Thanks

Lots and lots of staples with some screws tossed in for good measure. I have been full timing in a Forest River product and have not had a cabinet fall apart in coming up on four years.

Really? Well that’s good to hear. I was concerned because a brand new 26bhhl had 2 different drawers that had already fallen apart at the dealership

Really? Well that’s good to hear. I was concerned because a brand new 26bhhl had 2 different drawers that had already fallen apart at the dealership
If concerned, why would you buy?

Well, I guess I should clarify that. No, the cabinets didn't fall apart, but,,,,,,,, I have repaired lots of little things like trim, drawers in the dresser, put the closet back together, re-anchored the fridge, plus other things I am forgetting. My trailer did go back to the factory to repair the roof and fix four soft spots in the floor under warranty. Be prepared to spend time fixing things.......

My three year old Forest River Wildwood : The drawers are the best that I have ever seen in a travel trailer, with high end slides. Most of the rest is typically held together with staples. The cabinet hinges are high end hidden ones in recessed holes which I hate. They are slowly loosening up and I have already replaced a few with spring loaded regular ones that have the side that is screwed to the outer wood work piece.
The sides and bottoms of the cabinets are made of 1/8" paneling stapled to particle board.
There are lots of places where we can already see the staples on some of the walls and ceiling.
Over all, we are quite happy with the trailer for what we paid for it

Jack L

Not enough time on our FR TT but if you expect a home quality cabinetry, then stay away from the RV world unless you are ready to buy a custom build. No offense to the workforce that builds them, but they are put together with what I can equate to a spider monkey on crack cocaine. Speed and rolling it out. But there will be little things even in a brand new unit that you ask, how did that get through without being discovered? Well it did, they just roll it down the line!

Camping is fun but get ready to fix things at times and at times, even under warranty because it is not economical to drive many miles back to the dealer for warranty work on simple things. I just replaced a brand spanking new toilet valve due to it leaking. I even went as far as installing a braided line with a Sharkbite system with a shutoff because the manufacturer was too cheap to do this. The cost for me, $20......the cost to the manufacturer since they have buying power in volume, probably like $4 at best! But it is what it is.

Latest resources

Back