Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Katalina

RVF Newbee
Hi! We are new coachman Catalina owners in AZ. Have had the RV out 6x so far and every time is a learning experience.
Our most recent debacle was calculating our black tank usage. It seems as though the gauge maybe stuck? We had hardly used in 2 days and it said 2/3 full!? We began using the public restrooms. When we emptied the tank there was hardly anything in it.
Anybody have this experience?
Please share you ideas with us!
Thanks to all! Glad to be part of this forum. Could really use some experienced RV advice.

Tank sensors are rarely accurate unless great care is taken with flushing and maintaining them. Do a search and you will have more reading then you can handle.

I used AquaMax 8 ozin 40 gal tank leave it in for 7 days, as per Newmar. Mine now goes to empty every time. Did it in gray. Not tried in black yet. It goes almost instantly to 1/3 but takes forever to get to 2/3.

My sensors reported properly the first time I used them and not reliable since. I just empty the black holding tank about every 4 days. There are 2 of us living full time in a 5th wheel with a 36 gal black tank.

Are you stationary living in it or are you moving from place to place?

Are you stationary living in it or are you moving from place to place?
Yes…🤣

We are full timers. We have family in Texas and plan visits 1-2 times a year. Normally, I plan a trip about 10 weeks out. (I start planning the next trip about 6-8 weeks into a current trip. We schedule 3-4 stops and will stay at each of them 14 +- days. If the next big stop is too far for one day travel ( over 250 miles ) we might stay 2 nights at a COE, Good Sam or Coast to Coast.

The figures are very flexible.

We always get full hookups in the long stay locations. We use regular plates and silverware plus shower pretty regularly. I dump the grey tanks every other day. I don’t use any chemicals in the grey tanks but do in the black.

Latest resources

Back