• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

JT6MT_SWFL

RVF Newbee
Hi All-
Just joined. Looking into purchasing our first travel trailer. My wife and I have two small children and think this would be a great experience for our family and create a lot of great memories for our kids as they grow up. We’ve got a 19 Ford Expedition Max with a tow rating of 6,300lbs, max hitch weight of 600lbs and 1760lb payload, so looking for something relatively small. We are not new to towing as we have a boat we already pull with our max, but we’re sure this is will be entirely different, but as rewarding. We are mainly looking at bunkhouse floor plans right now. I’m on several other forums like this one for other hobbies, so I’m familiar with how to search for threads/information and typical forum etiquette. Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to learning a lot from everyone!

Welcome aboard. Have you looked to the likes of a Wolfpup?

Thank you. Yes, I have looked at all the Forrest River (I think that’s the manufacturer) small bunk house trailers. Haven’t decided on one yet.
You would think a vehicle manufacturer one day would make a SUV that has at least a 10000 lb tow rating and decent hitch rating. If they had, I may have bought one. That would open a lot of TT units for towing comfortably and safely.

But there are some that will fit your specifications needed. Good luck and enjoy the lifestyle.

A great possibility to give you some comfort and not get close to your ratings is a

2022 FOREST RIVER GREY WOLF 26DJSE​

pretty good light weight specs.

Welcome! We were from SW Florida (the Cape), but have been up more central the past few years. This spring might be a really good time to find a gently used RV down here priced right. I'm guessing some folks may be getting worried about rising gas/fuel prices and selling.

Latest resources

Back