Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
Ryker is a 5-year old working class German Shepherd. For some reason, he has always enjoyed hiding in (somewhat) plain site. Sometimes in not so much plain site. He's the same way with his toys too, always putting them somewhere they are not visible. He sure knows where they are, but nobody else will know.

We got back from working at the Bella Terra site and went out in the back yard of our rental to spend some time with the boys. (Rex-11 years, Ryker-5) After a couple of frisbee throws, I turned around and asked Trish, "Where's Ryker?" And this is where he was, watching the goings on from his hidden place in the weeds. (Actually, I don't think the landlord considers these to be weeds, but who knows.)

5.JPG

8.JPG

10.JPG

12.JPG

Lol, funny dog.

Last edited:
Ryker is a 5-year old working class German Shepherd. For some reason, he has always enjoyed hiding in (somewhat) plain site. Sometimes in not so much plain site. He's the same way with his toys too, always putting them somewhere they are not visible. He sure knows where they are, but nobody else will know.

We got back from working at the Bella Terra site and went out in the back yard of our rental to spend some time with the boys. (Rex-11 years, Ryker-5) After a couple of freebie throws, I turned around and asked Trish, "Where's Ryker?" And this is where he was, watching the goings on from his hidden place in the weeds. (Actually, I don't think the landlord considers these to be weeds, but who knows.)

View attachment 10104
View attachment 10105
View attachment 10106
View attachment 10107

Lol, funny dog.

@Jim, I couldn’t resist breaking my self-imposed exile to give Ryker (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) for his undercover surveillance ability. And, you (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) for your photography skills in outing him. Well done, both! And, Merry Christmas/Happy New Year to all.

Back to my cave now!

@Jim what does working class mean? Does that mean he successfully passed bite control 1 and 2?

classic film tough guy GIF by Warner Archive

🎶I always feel like somebody’s watching me

@Jim what does working class mean? Does that mean he successfully passed bite control 1 and 2?
Well, sort of, lol.

As a reader’s digest version, and coming from someone who has limited knowledge of the full line of rules/requirements, I can give you the little bit that I "think" I know.

Working line German shepherds are bred to promote certain inherent drives, such as prey, defense, and fight. Doesn’t mean that they are going to be aggressive, although they are easily trained to be such. Aside from having a high prey drive (a euphemism for “pain in the butt”), Ryker is a very nice, friendly, and social animal. He just goes a little berserk when he sees other prey, like a deer, squirrel or other animal that he decides needs to be chased.

We chose this line of German Shepherd after loosing our American Show Shepherd to the side affects of hip dysplasia. In America, a breed can be AKC simply by being the offspring of another registered AKC parent. There is almost no consideration to the breeding and insuring the health of the animals. So you can end up with a wonderful animal that dies in your arms 5 years later from a debilitating disease inherited from a sire or dame that should have never been bred in the first place.

The working line of German Shepherds, registered in Germany anyhow, must have hip and elbow X-rays showing negative (HD/ED hip/elbow dysplasia), temperament test (BH), show grading, IGP/IPO qualifications in tracking, obedience, and protection work. This doesn’t guarantee a healthy puppy and future adult, but it sure goes a long way in helping. Typically, the working-class German Shepherd will be between 60 and 80-pounds vs the American Show Line, where people have the tendency to consider bigger as better. And all that extra weight on the already poor hips can cause serious problems for the animal later in life.

I’m sure there is much more and possibly someone on the forum with more experience can be more informative. But that’s about as much as I can offer.

Last edited:
@Jim, I couldn’t resist breaking my self-imposed exile to give Ryker (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) for his undercover surveillance ability. And, you (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) for your photography skills in outing him. Well done, both! And, Merry Christmas/Happy New Year to all.

Back to my cave now!
Thank you, Jim! And a Merry Christmas to you and Lady Di as well!

BTW @TJ&LadyDi, that ripple in the force that you just felt, was me breaking into a "box" of Vella White Zinfandel! (Oh the horror!)

Last edited:
Anyone else just see that?

bigfoot sasquatch GIF

Anyone else just see that?

bigfoot sasquatch GIF
They are only antagonistic and elusive because human keep trying to capture or shoot at them. Most logical behavior.

Now add to that that the word is out among them that humans carry COVID and other diseases. Most logical behavior.

I wonder sometimes which of us is really the smarter species.

They are apparently strong and healthy. We create googobs of technology, much of which is destroying us in multiple ways.

They have no technology, exercise daily, drink plenty of water, and eat health. And, in hand to hand combat can kick out butts. 🤔

I guess he didn't think that big ol red disk wouldn't be seen?

Latest resources

Back