RV Make
Alpenlite 29rk 5th Wheel
RV Model
Six-Pac Truck Camper
TOW/TOAD
Corolla
Fulltimer
No
I have a 1994 Alpenlite 29RK with two 30 lb. horizontal propane tanks. I went to have one of those tanks refilled today and realized that it was due for recertification. The attendant said the valve was leaking, and they have not been able to locate any replacement valves for a couple of years. These tanks are the old ones (originally manufactured in 1993) and are not required to have the OPD valves. Wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and knows a source for non-OPD valves for a 30 lbs. horizontal tank.

I may have to replace the entire tank, but would rather not since they are extremely expensive compared to upright ones. One source I found listed one for around $230.00. Since we are leaving tomorrow, I will have to do a work-around with an upright 20-lbs. tank to supplement the other horizontal tank that is still working. Not ideal, but at least we can still go.

Try blue flame or their competitors. There is no such thing as an old style valve on a horizontal tank. No tip valve would work on them. You need to take the tank to a company that knows this.

Latest resources

Back