RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford Ranger
2021 MA 4551
The basement area is extremely hot. The outside ambient temp is around 80 with mostly cloudy.
The basement gets so hot it heats up the coach. Heated floors are NOT on.
The HDCMM box is 117° using a gun.
Oasis is also hot. It is on electric and water has not been used all day.
I can't expect this is normal. When I open the basement doors, it's as if I opened an oven.
Any ideas?
PXL_20210804_234642490.jpg

The oasis keeps the area pretty warm. I’ve not measured the temp, but if you stand on the tiles directly above it, they will be warm.

I have a 2019 London Aire and it gets hot. There is literally no ventilation. You have the inverter running, the Oasis and then I also have the Dometic refrigerator freezer in the basement, it's a very bad design. On that camera module I will actually unplug it, in newmar's infinit wisdom it stays powered up 24/7. I talked to Riverpark to make sure unplugging it was okay and they said absolutely. They said they don't understand why Newmar leave that thing powered up all the time because that also leaves the cameras running full-time. In my first year and a half of ownership I had two cameras burnout.

Well, you could have a dryer type vent installed on one of the doors, and install, 140mm 12vdc fan, you would have to exhaust it out someplace. Have just not worried about it on mine, but now that I know, will check next time we are out.

The question is "what is normal". Inverter is going to get hot, electrical components get hot, OASIS generates a lot of heat. While I don't have heated floors, I have heated floors! If you ventilate, you open the basement up for visitors you may not like. You could use screens I suppose, but I think what you're experiencing may in fact be normal and most don't even realize.

I agree. I added a Bluetooth thermometer to the basement and I agree it's toasty. I guess that's good in the winter, but there should be a way to ventilate. I know my Oasis pulls air from a vent through the floor (the 4310 has an Oasis NE-S) with a grate covering it and I have thought of doing something similar with a small DC fan. Maybe even run a dryer vent hose to the Inverter to give it fresh air. I am surprised no one has done it yet....at least not that I have heard.

I mostly worry about the Inverter...

Latest resources

Back