Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

hutch

RVF Regular
2017 Windsport. Hot water is just barely warm enough to shower in with no cold mixed in at all on Propane. When we got it last year I remember it hot enough for the need to mix in some cold. This is on city connection. Last shower before we got home was on the pump and was warmer but still no need to mix in cold. The toggle for 110 electric heat doesn't seem to do much of anything. Is the electric suppose to work the hot water tank as well as Propane if everything is functioning correctly or is it just supplemental until the Propane is turned on? Also could I have messed up De-winterizing and water is getting cool before it gets to the shower? I don't know where else it would flow to, only valves I've ever turned are the tank bypass valves, just a thought. Showers were a little warmer in 90+ heat in KY than they were in Stugis last week. I wouldn't think ambient temp could make a noticeable difference but who knows. Why would it be warmer through the pump on fresh water? Thanks for any help!

Did you return the valves onthe water heat to the original position? I assumed you bypassed the hot wTer heater when you winterized. Make sure you are not still in bypass mode.

Did you return the valves onthe water heat to the original position? I assumed you bypassed the hot wTer heater when you winterized. Make sure you are not still in bypass mode.
Yes I bypassed to winterize. Turned them back in the spring.

Is the burner flame kicking on with propane?
My HW heater had 2 toggle switches (electric), one in the control center in the RV and one outside on the HW heater, are both on?
I ran electric and propane at the same time

Is the burner flame kicking on with propane?
My HW heater had 2 toggle switches (electric), one in the control center in the RV and one outside on the HW heater, are both on?
I ran electric and propane at the same time
Ya fire kicks on. I had both on this recent 2 week trip but I don't think electric is doing much if anything to help the propane. We got the RV last year, I thought I remember having really hot water on electric or Propane whichever I chose. Electric was never as hot as gas but was doable. Electric should be a full working alternative to propane right?

On demand hot water heaters have a flow sensor.
If this is a demand heater, and if the campground pressure is too low, you may not get much heat.
This could explain why when using the water pump you get warmer water.
Double check the valves to ensure no bypass is occurring.
Also, hard water can create a build up, be sure to flush the water heater per your instructions.

T
On demand hot water heaters have a flow sensor.
If this is a demand heater, and if the campground pressure is too low, you may not get much heat.
This could explain why when using the water pump you get warmer water.
Double check the valves to ensure no bypass is occurring.
Also, hard water can create a build up, be sure to flush the water heater per your instructions

Thanks. I had a bypass open like I originally figured. Stupid mistake, easy fix.
I did that on my very first trip. Had to call my neighbor who started me on this journey. Glad to hear it was a simply fix.

I did that on my very first trip. Had to call my neighbor who started me on this journey. Glad to hear it was a simply fix.
Do you know if electric heats it like gas or is it just a "warmer" to keep the tank from getting completely cold?

Latest resources

Back