• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Maddog11capt

RVF Newbee
Dear Newmar Owners;

I have posted this on another forum but I am reposting here hoping for more input and ideas on how to make the car (Toad) TPMS talk to the coach TPMS.

We have ordered/purchased a 2022 Newmar Essex and I'm trying to plan ahead; more specifically I'm trying to figure out how to make our TOAD (2020 Nautilus) talk to the Essex TPMS system.

Here's what we have:

1. Hoping for delivery of our 2022 Newmar Essex in March (Factory pickup)
2. We will be flat towing a 2020 Lincoln Nautilus
3. Both the Essex and the Nautilus have TPMS

How do I get these two systems to talk to each other? Is there a way to tie the Nautilus system into the Essex system? Is the Essex capable of monitoring both the coach AND THE TOAD TPMS systems at the same time?

I'm would like to avoid buying a completely separate TPMS system to monitor the TOAD.

For those who have a Newmar and are flat towing a Ford product, what are you using to monitor the tire pressures/temperatures in the TOAD?

I'm hoping that the collective wisdom of this group can provide some insights into what I need to plan on.

Thanks in advance!

ron
A.K.A. Maddog11capt

I don’t believe there is away for the two systems to interchange information. I think TPMS for the Essex is Valor and has internal sensors, so you can purchase sensors for your toad and have programmed allowing coach to display.

I had originally planned on adding toad sensors but found Valor system too intermittent to invest money into sensors for toad. I have had Spartan reset my baseline pressures twice, I get high pressure warnings on the drive and tag axles along with dropped communication of all wheels intermittently.

I recently talked with a 2020 Essex owner with stacker trailer (3 axles) and he has had great success. He suggested I talk to Don Rigby, 734-634-3278, the Valor rep who is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Don't have our new coach yet but I went the separate TPMS route for the toad. 99% of the time we take the / a toad however may from time to time take a trailer or potentially an alternate toad. Given the potential for alternate configurations regarding our toad a separate TPMS seemed to make the most sense since I can move the sensors from one to the next with minimal effort.

For those who took the time to reply, thank you SO much. From what I have read, it sounds like that while it "may" be possible to get the Valor system to "talk to the Toad," it may be easier to get a separate TPMS for the Toad. That doesn't excite me but I want and need a TPMS for the Toad, so if that's the route I need to take, then that's what I'll do.

I'm waiting on a return call from Don Rigby.

I continue to be impressed with the collective wisdom of this group and I'm most thankful!

ron
A.K.A. Maddog11capt

Don Rigby left the company. Robert Ludwik is now the current contact - 519-697-4495. [email protected]

Latest resources

Back