Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ken wilkinson

RVF Regular
morn folks!! this is ken and Jen from NC..pretty jacked up about just getting 2011 tiffan breeze 32 br

first diesel..question, gonna be coming down old for my, Manuel not clear, how do I slow this thing down using motor

Welcome @ken wilkinson. Can you share a picture of your driver area so we can see the switches? There may be an engine brake that you can control.

cant tell u guys. how much the support means
.thank u..read manual 4 times re allison trans
.wasn't clear..tested on way to asheville, think I figured it out..thanks again..have much to learn

l

Engine brake. Look for the switch by the drivers seat.

Engine brake. Look for the switch by the drivers seat.
this allison trans has forward neutral and reverse..then a mode button that I assume let's u change gears manually. the manual opt has up and down.I went down the engine shifted into low and I could take foot off brake, but the gear was too low so I pressed up which gave me more speed about 45mph then i pressed up again and it took me to 55..when i reached bottom of mt I struggled to get it back to automatic ,but played with it tapping brake and it returned to normal..

this allison trans has forward neutral and reverse..then a mode button that I assume let's u change gears manually. the manual opt has up and down.I went down the engine shifted into low and I could take foot off brake, but the gear was too low so I pressed up which gave me more speed about 45mph then i pressed up again and it took me to 55..when i reached bottom of mt I struggled to get it back to automatic ,but played with it tapping brake and it returned to normal..
The mode button can also be used to read the "codes" if you're having trouble with the transmission. They can also be used to check the oil level in the transmission. I highly recommend you find an Allison Operators Manual and read through it. I've sold Commercial Diesel Trucks and have sold THOUSANDS of Allison Transmission for the last 30 years but even I had to sit down with the manual for the 3000 Series Allison in my coach to see how it was programmed and what all the buttons did. :rolleyes:

again..thank u for the help..I read over it but didnt understand much..will slow read again ....amazing to have this kind of help!!

again..thank u for the help..I read over it but didnt understand much..will slow read again ....amazing to have this kind of help!!
I'm glad to help. I may not be a diesel mechanic but I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back