Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Everyone has their method and configuration for moving slides. Given a reasonably flat/level ground, the Canyon Star is not overly sensitive to either Jacks down or Up.

During discussions with a number of RV Techs, the consensus appears to be that if the spacing around the slide is even, i.e. slide is not "racked", then you are good to extend. The even spacing or gap around the slide indicates the frame is not twisted and extension should be normal.
If Jacks down the slides have an even gap, you are good to go. Just remember to retract the slides in the same configuration.
Typically we will extend the jacks and get setup, verify the gaps then extend the slides. If a slide gap is pinched somewhere, we will retract the jacks and verify the Gaps.
This method gives us the opportunity to scout the area for items that may get in the way as well as verify everything is good to go with the slides.

This is even more import with Full Wall Slides.

Thoughts?

I think your right, it’s best to extend slides once the rig is level.

Just remember to retract the slides in the same configuration
Imho, this might be the most important piece of the puzzle. I have gotten into a pattern of extending on air, with jacks up but once or twice have had a brain fart and dropped the jacks before extending.

I think whatever your practice, the most important thing is to extend and retract using the same configuration - even if you messed up and didn’t extend in the configuration you normally would. Bring the slides in the same way you put them out.

if the spacing around the slide is even, i.e. slide is not "racked", then you are good to extend.
I think this says it all. On jacks, on air, whichever. If the reveal (spacing) is good then the slide can come in or out. JMHO.

When we had the CS, only had an issue with full wall slide once. had a slight uphill lie and the slide wouldn't budge. got level and it was fine. At FPU the tech said slides first then level. most times that worked fine.

Latest resources

Back