Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How do you remove the vent registers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MapNerd

RVF 1K Club
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
MapWife turned on the furnace this morning and a loud rattling sound is coming from one of the wooden vent registers in the half bath, under the sink.

i want to investigate but don’t want to damage the wooden register trying to get it off the cabinet. There are no screws so I am guessing it might just be a friction clamp or something along those lines but want to be sure before I go prying.

anyone take one of these off before?

Last edited:
I think they are siliconed in place. That is the very one Newmar replaced at my FPU as it had a broken fan blade (it's just a computer cooling fan type thing). The entire furnace fan unit had to be replaced which I don't think is that hard but it seemed to be an all in one unit and probably pricey.

I do not use that heater and don't recommend it if your thermistor is on the outside of the half bath wall like mine. I learned that the half bathroom heat will heat that wall and that zone 1 thermistor will cause zone 1 to think it's warmer than it is thereby freezing zone 1. So I never use that furnace fan at least in my floor plan.

Thanks Neal. Will see if my iPhone pry tool can gently lift it off.

my thermistor is in the same place but trying to convince MapWife to turn off a heat source when she’s cold would be like trying to convince a salmon not to swim upstream.

I removed all the wooden register and discovered several small brads holding them. Then I had to buy a brad nailer to reinstall them. Added "ducting" around the heater radiators to direct the hot air out into the room instead of into the cabinets. Made a big difference when the temp dropped to -6.
I used a 1.25 inch plastic putty knife to remove. Once I got one side loose I put the putty against the cabinet and used a pry bar to finish removal.

Latest resources

Back