Question How important is Tapatalk to you?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Those that use Tapatalk on mobile devices know its benefit of aggregating forums into one mobile app. The problem is, well, Tapatalk! It was once good but it's now riddled with problems. The initial intent of the app was to allow mobile access to communities such as this but other communities that were not mobile device friendly. There is no need to use Tapatalk to visit this site, you can visit directly from your mobile browser and get a far better user experience.

My question is how would NOT supporting tapatalk on this forum affect you?

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
CanyonStar
RV Length
39' 11"
TOW/TOAD
Demco KarKaddy 460SS and VW Passat
Tapatalk is a real pain to use. Consequently I do not use it.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
I would appreciate not seeing the continue using tapatalk | continue in browser banner when I tap on a thread. I visited in my browser. If I wanted to use tapatalk, I would.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I would appreciate not seeing the continue using tapatalk | continue in browser banner when I tap on a thread. I visited in my browser. If I wanted to use tapatalk, I would.

I thought that was disabled and now don't see an option to do so like I had in vBulletin in the past. Checking into this, looks like they may be injecting that code. This may be killed off sooner than later!

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm removing Tapatalk - time to just do it! Stand by....

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Tapatalk has been removed, please see:

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
Thanks, @Neal, for the heads-up (on the other thread) about adding RVF to the home screen on my iPhone (and iPad). This old dog is still learning new tricks!

TJ

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
I never used it

Jim

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
Phaeton QTH
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock
I'm glad you asked, @Neal, if for no other reason just so I can tell everyone how much I hate it. Never liked it.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Gosh. Now I guess I need to learn to hate Tapatalk like others. 🤔

I’ve relied upon it for years to keep up with a handful of forums. But, I don’t care any more.

The best thing about Tapatalk was how quickly I could blast through ONLY the subscribed sub-forums of the 2 forums for RVs.

But now Neal’s is King. Long live the King! 😂

So, movin on.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Super easy on this site, tap the Bell icon on the toolbar (Alerts) or the "New Posts" button when viewing the mobile view.

Tapatalk has its conveniences for sure but a properly done web site surpasses it in functionality. They could not get the integration right on this newer site sadly but in the end sometimes changes is for the better. Just like when something breaks in my RV I know I'm going to make it better in the end.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Tapatalk has been removed, please see:

@Neal … thanks for the instructions. I just made the change on my phone.

FLSteve

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
RED 33AA
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Hate that tapatalk is gone. Since I still work fulltime, Tapatalk made it easy to glance at what was new and to easily reply. Guess I’ll be contributing less now.

I also noticed all of my saved bookmarks are gone since i can’t even go into Tapatalk to at least grab some screenshots to see what topics I had previously saved.

why a sudden change to functionality without at least a 30 day notice? Gotta say, this sucks.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE 4037
RV Length
40' 11"
TOW/TOAD
2021 Chevy Trailblazer
Since I don't even know what "tapatalk" is, I guess I'll not miss it. However, not having those irritating advertisement style signatures "sent by bla-bla-bla", I'll never miss those.

RV Year
RV Make
Tiffin
RV Model
RED 33AA
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I never had any advertisements. Since i’ve been a long time user, I guess was grandfathered in for no adverts. The other option for users was a one time fee of 4.99 that got rid of all advertisements for life. So, there was an option to not see those one liners that you mentioned.

my biggest gripe is no notice for this Change.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
@jmltech I'm very sorry but there are more reasons that this had to be removed ASAP than discussed which I addressed some of in my new post I hope you will read:

I also added to this post on how to save any web site to your home screen:

I was a beta tester with tapatalk so I too had no ads and enjoyed its simplicity too, I get it, but what I learned was troubling from security issues, data harvesting, and google blocking sites with tapatalk from their paid advertising. The mobile view is far more robust as discussed in the links above, I hope you will find the move away from tapatalk is for the better. I had originally announced this for a May 1st change and based on feedback I knew the time to do this was now, not wait.

I hope you and any others not happy about this will see that this is actually not as bad as you think and enjoy contributing even more now with the full capabilities of this very cool forum'ware that is hidden by the limited functionality of tapatalk.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
always great to see improvements. For what it’s worth, if it were ever brought back for any reason I wouldn’t care either. That banner was always a minuscule inconvenience for me.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
What was odd is they make site owners pay to remove that banner now from what I saw where in the past it was an option in the site settings area. When I researched tapatalk to use or not prior to removing it was amazing the information I learned, it was time to end it. This forum'ware is amazing and it's in active development, not legacy and outdated. The add-on market is huge, I'm adding some more today, you'll see "Bookmark" in the bottom of a message post now which I just added.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4369
RV Length
43’ 9”
TOW/TOAD
2016 Colorado
Fulltimer
Yes
I like the idea of bookmark feature for future reference.

RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4047
RV Length
40'
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CR-V
So, where do the "bookmarks" show up? Where do I find them after I bookmark something?

NEVER MIND...I found it in my account section.

TJ