Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How important is Tapatalk to you?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Those that use Tapatalk on mobile devices know its benefit of aggregating forums into one mobile app. The problem is, well, Tapatalk! It was once good but it's now riddled with problems. The initial intent of the app was to allow mobile access to communities such as this but other communities that were not mobile device friendly. There is no need to use Tapatalk to visit this site, you can visit directly from your mobile browser and get a far better user experience.

My question is how would NOT supporting tapatalk on this forum affect you?

Tapatalk is a real pain to use. Consequently I do not use it.

I would appreciate not seeing the continue using tapatalk | continue in browser banner when I tap on a thread. I visited in my browser. If I wanted to use tapatalk, I would.

I would appreciate not seeing the continue using tapatalk | continue in browser banner when I tap on a thread. I visited in my browser. If I wanted to use tapatalk, I would.

I thought that was disabled and now don't see an option to do so like I had in vBulletin in the past. Checking into this, looks like they may be injecting that code. This may be killed off sooner than later!

I'm removing Tapatalk - time to just do it! Stand by....

Tapatalk has been removed, please see:

Thanks, @Neal, for the heads-up (on the other thread) about adding RVF to the home screen on my iPhone (and iPad). This old dog is still learning new tricks!

TJ

I never used it

I'm glad you asked, @Neal, if for no other reason just so I can tell everyone how much I hate it. Never liked it.

Gosh. Now I guess I need to learn to hate Tapatalk like others. ?

I’ve relied upon it for years to keep up with a handful of forums. But, I don’t care any more.

The best thing about Tapatalk was how quickly I could blast through ONLY the subscribed sub-forums of the 2 forums for RVs.

But now Neal’s is King. Long live the King! ?

So, movin on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back