Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

cwaweeks3

RVF Newbee
Due to these horrid fires, I will be living in my new rv parked at a relatives house. The trailer will be on the wrong side of the house from the sewer line of the house. Can I get a hose to go that far and still drain? The picture attached shows the rv circled at the top and the sewer line on the side. Any tips?

Attachments

• rv.JPG
    rv.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 26
Depends on the elevation of the driveway compared to the sewer drain. These are the times when a Sanicon comes in quite handy.

There is no length limit for the hose as long as you have the trailer end higher than the outlet end. Keeping the tank valves closed until the tanks need dumping will assist with the distance.

As long as you have a continuous slope to the hose, distance is pretty immaterial. For the run you are looking at, you might consider running a 4" PVC pipe from near the RV to the sewer dump point. It could be run on the surface. The stiffness of the PVC pipe would help even out the slope. For a sewer run, you only need an inch or so drop per 10 feet.

TJ

For a sewer run, you only need an inch or so drop per 10 feet.
Here in Minnesota, according to the state plumbing codes 4" pipe must have a minimum slope of 1/8"per foot (1 1/2" per 10 feet) and 3" pipe is 1/4" per foot (2 1/2" per 10feet). I would recommend that be the absolute minimum so that you don't have any solids stay while the fluids drain away.

Thank you. I measured that we will need 60 ft of hose. So I will have to make sure the slope is consistent somehow.

Agree with the macerator. We park our MH in our back yard and on occasion need to dump at home. We bought a Flow Jet from amazon and a large hose from Home Depot and I just put it in the lid of the septic with no issues.

Flojet Macerator from Amazon

Last edited:
X2 the FlowJet DKRITER provided the link too. I have that unit and use it at home to drain & clean my tanks after a trip. I've got 50' to the septic inlet which requires about a 12" lift at the inlet. The unit works great in my set up.

Latest resources

Back