Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How long do you typically stay at a CG?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

My typical time in one CG is

• Total voters

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I really enjoy going to new places and seeing new CG's and destinations. My typical max length is 1 week. Obviously when traveling to a destination I'll do a 1 or 2 nighter, sometimes 2 nights so I can spend the day exploring the intermediate stop rather than setup, sleep, pack and go. On this recent trip I'm on I did several 2 week stays. Upcoming will be a 1 to 2 month stay for various reasons (pickleball, improving my own diet and fitness which was a goal of this trip, failed so far, and keeping the puppy in one place).

How long do you typically like staying in one place?

About a week is it for us, generally less.

Since we own a lot at the Polson Motorcoach Resort, that's our "home base" during the spring/summer/fall months and we stay there for a few weeks at a time. Otherwise, we typically spend just "a few days" at other campgrounds during our travels.

TJ

I generally stay about a month. A few places I only spend a night or so when 'en route'. During the summer I stay at one for about five months, but that's where the kids are.......

We tend to be travelers In a leisurely way. We like to stay at least two nights, unless on a timetable for some reason. When we hit special destinations we will stay 4 or 5 days, and take time to relax and savor the sights. When we get a chance to stay in extra special spots such as Sante Fe, NM, or Key West, we will settle in for a week. We have so enjoyed discovering places that we want to visit again for longer periods. Judy D

I could have checked all the boxes. If we are heading to a certain destination across the country we may have a few days that we only spend one night at a CG or a dry camp site. We have also booked a week in a spot and then decided we needed another week and stayed on. There is a CG we enjoy in costal Alabama that we always book for a month stay. Up north in the summer while visiting family we stay by the month in a CG. Then of course our winter site we utilize for 4 months or so.

I still work/own a business, so a large percentage of my RV travel is business related. If I go someplace for work, I try to make count by staying several days and calling on clients when I’m in an area.

Right now, it’s the Christmas holidays we are in Amarillo to hunt for 5 days then to Lubbock for I think 9 days for Christmas and New Years then either back to Amarillo for a few days or OKC to work.

My career has kept me on the road and in hotels where never had any idea what the person(s) did before you and you never get a good night’s sleep. Now we load up the MH and enjoy the journey.

We are spending the winter based in South Carolina, but going on a few 2-3 weeks trips in Jan and Feb. In April we plan on going Cross Country and tentatively planning on 2 week stays with 1 nighteries in route.

We’re both still working, so 1 week at a time is the norm for us. If we’re making a destination trip like Acadia or Florida from Maryland, then 2 weeks, with an overnighter (or 2) while traveling.

Wife and I have been speculating what a 3 or 4 week trip would be like.

My feet get itchy to move after about a week. Sometimes I make it 10 days. Like others, if I'm traveling from A-B we stay 1 or 2 nights.

Latest resources

Back