Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
How often do you do a complete cleanout of your RV stuff? Basements, etc.? Some of y'all, not me, like to buy too much stuff for your RV and later find out you don't need it. Maybe like trying various grills, patio furniture, patio mats, etc.??

I have problems packing light, admittedly. If there is space, I'll fill it. In my 3 years of RVing (hmm, 6/5 is my 3 year date from my factory pickup!!) I've done a bit of a cleanout several times. It's hard to part ways, Discovery channel keeps calling me for their hoarding shows, I won't return the call! Prior to my 7 month winter trip I knew I had to do a good cleanout as I had to onload a lot of stuff for my business, my new telescope, hot and cold season clothing, etc. I did good, parting with several toolboxes and tools. After returning home I did an almost complete unload due to covid-19 to transfer stock to the house and it is amazing how much these RV's really do hold. Never enough space, but they do hold a lot.

So are you due for a purge? How often do you find yourself pulling things from your RV you never use?

i am purging every 6 months...this last trip, I tossed a ton. If I have not used it at least once in 6 months, then it is removed and donated or tossed. I am still scratching my head how certain blankets and bedding sheets even made it in...Maybe its time to go to the pharmacy and get some Prevagen. :ROFLMAO:

I have problems packing light, admittedly.
No way. I don’t believe this.

Yeah 6 months in we’re due for a purge. We’re headed up to NC shortly to meet family. The wife and kids don’t know it yet and neither does the family, but some space will be found in their garage, donation pile and/or trashbin.

I must tread lightly though, or else I might find myself in the donation pile.

@Neal it actually occurs to me you must be okay at packing lightly because you always seem to have room for another Amazon box.

the self serve ice cream machine is NOT coming from Amazon I believe. I heard AMZ stock tanked.

Once I realized I wasn’t actually camping, per se, I began to travel much lighter. Now, my wife on the other hand; I cannot break her of the habit of bringing everything but the kitchen sink. I could get by with 1/4 of what we haul around on occasion.

Well well well, first off AMZN is near record highs, yes I own it, and now that I told you it will tank so short it ASAP!

@MapNerd, it is important to have a proper rotation schedule. Out with the old box in with the new box.

Now if you don't mind, I have to prepare for tomorrow's arrivals.

I have a suggestion: Find out where is the closest riot going on, drive it there, leave all the doors unlocked and come back in 10 minutes.
Problem solved ????

Making room for the new Weber Q, I found an old Coleman 2 burner camp stove I haven't used in years. I forgot it was in there. I took it out. It wasn't easy!:ROFLMAO:

Latest resources

Back