Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2021 Willys
Ouch:eek:

Good grief

Sorry about the language on the video. One guy did the calcs on engine rpm, came out to 47,132 RPM at 55 mph!

We had a similar incident. Not hard to believe your transfer case is in neutral and it isn't. Lesson learned is put the transaxle in neutral - let the clutch out to make sure it is disengaged. Totaled the jeep.

Not sure which is better this or dragging your jeep with the parking brake on...:unsure:

Not sure which is better this or dragging your jeep with the parking brake on...:unsure:
You get the same result if you do either for more than a few minutes.

You get the same result if you do either for more than a few minutes.
I think I would prefer the parking brake on! With the wheels locked up, you should start popping tires in a couple of miles and that will get your attention. Replacing wheels and tires is a lot cheaper than replacing transmissions, transfer cases, differentials, etc. YMMV.

TJ

Saw this on a Google feed! It happens from time to time. Either rookie mistake or people get in a hurry and it happens. Either way, this hurts the ole pocket book for sure! A Rubicon well equipped, about $50k maybe even more depending on location and market. I have had two Wranglers. Very capable and fun vehicles for sure.

Latest resources

Back