RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
I have owned and fixed up rigs from 56' to 95' that makes the newest rig 25 years old, and the oldest definitely vintage. Many say all were vintage but was wondering what you all thought was old enough to call vintage.

If its anything like vintage cars and/or motorcycles it would be 25 years or older. IMHO it should be a lot older than that.

I tend to agree with you. Of course I haven't yet had a vintage trailer that wasn't born after me?

I agree. It's my experience that 25 is the threshold, with some flexibility based on the item, popularity, nostalgia, rarity etc.

"Bob Vila" cites vintage at 20 years, I can accept that 🙃
Antique is 100 years or older, as defined by US Customs.

Retro should be used for anything that doesn't meet these standards.
Unfortunately, his is abused greatly for search engine optimization and deceptive sales practices or misused for a number of reasons.

Restoring a '72 travel trailer, about 2/3 complete.
I have a 90's Casita waiting for a lot of elbow grease and some revisions.

_____
CREDENTIALS: 10+ years of vintage retail experience working alongside life long professionals, partnering with experts for restoration, researching, and authenticating items etc.

25 years seems to be a popular rule of thumb for a variety of vehicles.

For RVs it should be 10 years since so many of the RV Parks object to RVs that are 10yo and older. What I haven't figured out is why an RV park that has a 10yo rule will allow a club gathering of "vintage" RVs (often in all stages of restoration) but not an 11yo RV.

For RVs it should be 10 years since so many of the RV Parks object to RVs that are 10yo and older. What I haven't figured out is why an RV park that has a 10yo rule will allow a club gathering of "vintage" RVs (often in all stages of restoration) but not an 11yo RV.
So up is down, down is up. Right is wrong, wrong is right. . . . They can make it up as they go!!! And everyone seems okay with it! Why can't "trailer parks " do the same thing???

Oh sorry!, I got vintage on you. " RV resorts "!

My point would be the industry has defined the age of vintage for us. I personally believe when an "item", (in general,populace), needs more than a little TLC as an average, and most have found their way to the grave yard, it could be considered vintage. So how old is an RV when it becomes vintage??? Or is that a trick question, as newer RVs get better care, making their lives longer.

It's a rule to allow them to keep out the riff-raff and junky-looking RVs with an easily explained reason. It really has nothing at all to do with the actual age of the RV. (JMO)

My rigs have made it into some high-end parks. Heck my 73' was in one such park in 2005 and the owner asked to buy it. That said I have been refused a space. Suffice it to say the rule is, and it makes obsolete the idea one can travel freely.

In effect no matter the reason for the rule, the outcome is lower value on RVs that have crossed the "retirement age".

My little hobby car turns 50 this year. They only made 8,000 of them world wide. I think it qualifies. But for a an RV I’d say anything before 2000 qualifies as vintage.
9C2561C3-5D08-4DED-87B3-B4DFC022945D.jpeg
7964E712-FA3B-4CB0-9C75-725CB6A0A833.jpeg

805C3552-3832-4030-A0CC-760788ECBC12.jpeg55C4C341-1F09-41FC-AF51-95B23126438A.jpegEA432467-A878-4717-B632-B2AD1E955AE7.jpeg

Latest resources

Back