Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How to connect a Dish Network tailgater to my 2016 London Aire?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jim

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
The park provided cable is useless, unless you are interested in buying your way into heaven or have a desire to learn Spanish. OTA is pretty good, but I'm not sure it's going to have the Superbowl available. So I'm needing a clean way to connect my Tailgater to the coach.

I haven't tried connecting the tailgater to the cable input yet but I'll give that a try in a little while. But short of that, is there an place on the coach that I can plug into?

There should be an input where your outdoor tv is (or in my case where it would be), and if nothing else, to watch the game, you could drag a cable through a window. Not exactly a “clean” solution, but it works.

My Essex has a cable input inside the electric reel bay. Not sure if you’ve got the same setup

The park provided cable is useless, unless you are interested in buying your way into heaven or have a desire to learn Spanish. OTA is pretty good, but I'm not sure it's going to have the Superbowl available. So I'm needing a clean way to connect my Tailgater to the coach.

I haven't tried connecting the tailgater to the cable input yet but I'll give that a try in a little while. But short of that, is there an place on the coach that I can plug into?
On our DS I had Newmar install portable dish inputs in the electrical bay. The cable input goes to you antenna booster in the overhead cabinet. Not sure you can unhook it and get it connected to your receiver. On a prior coach on occasion I ran the cable from our portable in through the slide seal closest to our Dish receiver. Bring the slide in a couple inches, insert the cable and put the slide back out.

My Essex has a cable input inside the electric reel bay. Not sure if you’ve got the same setup
I do, but I thought that would be for cable only? And if I did plug in the dish to that input, I'm not sure where it would come out in the electronics cabinet. In the meantime, I ran the HDMI cable to the HDMI1 outlet on the outside TV. As long as it doesn't get to cold, I should be good-to-go.

If that fails, I'll just drill a hole in the side of the coach and run the cable through. When I'm finished, I'll just put some tape over it.

JK :)

My exterior coax connecter wasn't wired correctly from the factory. I just run the cable through the slide, where the seals make contact and connect it to the receiver.

Latest resources

Back